Prologue

You didn't expect any of this to happen.

You presumed your dream wouldn't happen anyway.

I wish to go back to the past, you said. It would be fun, you said. 

Oh boy, you were wrong. 

When you sat right in front of many men staring down at you as if you were a demon when you were human. With your hands tied behind your back with rope, you took a deep breath when your life could be in danger. With a blade at your throat, you remained calm, although you panicked internally, thinking that you were going to die a few hours into this era.

As much as you didn't want to believe it, you somehow managed to travel back to the past when demons existed, and there was not once any mention of those creatures in history books. "I'm not your enemy. Believe what you want, but I don't have any intention of becoming your enemy."

With those words, you didn't expect anyone to believe you when it was the truth. You fought for a while when they thought you were a foreigner because of your strange clothing. You didn't realize how many people were paranoid throughout this era of violence and warlords, not to mention demons. When you closed your eyes to prepare yourself for your death, you didn't feel any sense of pain at all.

Instead, you slowly opened your eyes to see a man standing over you with his back turned towards you, placing his hand on the other man's shoulder as if he was trying to stop him. "Brother, think for a moment. This woman may be strange, but there is no reason to steal an innocent life when she has not caused any problems. She answered our questions truthfully." You didn't understand why this man bothered saving your life when they had every reason to be cautious. You showed up at their door dressed in unfamiliar clothing and begging them to let you inside their headquarters.

The other man clicked his tongue with annoyance before putting his sword back into its case before turning to look over to you as if his eyes showed that he had no problem glaring daggers at you. "Fine. If that girl is an enemy, I will not hesitate to cut her down. You have it your way with that thing, Yoriichi." The way he said that word ticked you off, but you held yourself back from insulting the other with his bad boy wannabe attitude.

Don't piss him off, [name]. Don't piss off the Kylo Ren wannabe samurai.

You thought to yourself before taking a deep breath and kept your mouth shut to prevent you from getting killed. With that, he turned on his heel and walked away, the other men following after him to leave you and the man alone. "I apologize for that. Are you hurt anywhere?" He asked before crouching down to your level to check if his brother hurt you anywhere with his blade. Slowly, you shook your head in response and mumbled a small thank you when he cut the ropes for you.

As you rub your sore and red-tinted wrists, you accepted his hand when he gave it to you so you could stand up. "Thank you. I appreciate it." As you stood there awkwardly, you didn't know what else to say because you barely got here into this era, and you were threatened by someone keeping a sword to your neck. "Come with me. I will give you a room for you to stay in." With that, you followed after him since he was nice enough to save you from that other man wanting to cut your throat.

Once he guided you to a room in the headquarters, you stopped to look at the door with hesitation before reaching out your hand to open the door. You were about to thank Yoriichi before turning your head to look at him when you saw him walking away from you. "Wait!" You called out to him. You wanted to, at least, know his name and thank him for saving your life when he convinced the other man to spare you. Instead of walking away, Yoriichi turned his head to look at you as he waited for you to speak patiently.

"What's your name? I want to thank you for sparing me."

Yoriichi thought for a moment before placing his hand on the hilt of his sword. "Yoriichi Tsugikuni. It's fair if I know your name as well." Every time he spoke, it was like music to your ears. Although he spoke quietly to others, his voice made out of honey and silk was enough to make you feel like you had butterflies in your stomach. Yes, you only met the guy, but he was pretty, and you had a soft spot for good-looking men too. You smiled at the other faintly before sliding the door open for you to enter the room.

"My name is [name] [last name]. It's nice to meet you, Yoriichi-san."

You closed your eyes as you continued to smile. "Likewise." Despite his short answer, you decided not to take much of his time, so you cut the conversation short and entered your room, closing the door behind you. You slowly slid down to the ground and covered your face with your hands. "I have to get back home. I'm not going to survive in this era!" You didn't know what you were getting into when you time-traveled back to the past when none of the history books told you that there were demons and people who hunted them down!

You slowly uncovered your face and hugged your knees close to your chest, wondering how you were going to survive being in this era without pissing people off. It was nice of Yoriichi to step in to save your life, but maybe he didn't do it to save you. Instead, he wanted to keep the peace, but with a man who has an unreadable expression, it was hard to tell what he was thinking.

"I want to go back home..."

~~~

A/N: Hello, everyone! I hope you liked the prologue. I tried my best to write how Yoriichi since I have an idea about how to write his personality. I thought about adding a bit of comedy in here and I apologize for insulting Koku- I hope you guys will like this book just as much as you liked my other book. This time, Yoriichi is in the spotlight as he should :3