Peaceful Mercy

After battling Kokushibo and defeat him, it was all over. As he faded into ash, you stood there staring at his clothing with sadness and bitterness. How you two were close friends turned into enemies was a bittersweet ending to how this all went. When you bent down to grab the flute he carried for years, you held the wooden flute close to your chest tightly as you stared at Kokushibo's remaining clothing.

As much as you wanted to hate him, your heart was far too gentle when you tried your best to harden your heart with coldness and malice. "I hope you find your peace, Michikatsu. Goodbye." You spoke quietly to yourself without expecting an answer before turning on your heel to walk away from the scene to comfort Sanemi after seeing his brother die in his arms. As you began walking away, you looked back at the purple cloth, wondering if there was more you could do to prevent Michikatsu from becoming what he was before.

"I wish we stayed friends. I missed bickering with you."

Those were your final words to the purple cloth on the ground as if it wasn't alive anymore. Although you missed your old friend, there was not one shred of remorse in your expression, or that was what you showed when you continued walking without sparing a glance towards the spot where Kokushibo once stood.

You had every right to be angry, but you felt sorry for him for how he turned out in the end. There was nothing you could do to stop him when he resembled the man you love. Still, you rose your blade and cut him down without hesitation, and the pain of losing a loved one and your friend was painful because you lost a lot of people in your life. Yoriichi was the first to leave then came Rengoku, Genya, Shinobu, Muichiro, and numerous others.

"This fight isn't over."

You walked over to Sanemi to comfort him because you knew how it felt to lose someone you loved dearly, and Sanemi could see it too in your eyes. "I will meet you both on the battlefield. Be safe." You placed your hand on Sanemi's head gently before looking over to Gyomei. You wondered if there was more you could to save Muichiro and Genya from their deaths. They were far too young to die, and it broke your heart because you felt every single death that occurred throughout the fortress.

"Be safe, [name]-san."

You nodded in response to Gyomei and looked at your hand, taking out the drug Tmayao made to turn back into a human, although you wondered if it worked on Nezuko yet. You knew Tamayo was intelligent, so you put a lot of trust into her because this was your chance to turn back into a human, but this wasn't the right time.

After saying goodbye, you quickly teleported into town as you looked around to see the destruction and screaming when you looked over to see what was going on. When you saw Tanjiro using all forms of the Sun Breathing on Muzan, your eyes widen in shock as you stood there, watching the young boy master all twelve forms without hesitation. Without delay, you hurried into the fight, dodging every Muzan's attack as you engaged from the back.

"Tanjiro! Unleash all twelve forms with me!"

You shouted as the two of you worked together to defeat Muzan once and for all. Miraculously, Giyu comes to Tanjiro's aid and, with his other remaining arm, grabs hold of Tanjiro's Nichirin Blade as well. With the might of both Demon Slayers, the blade successfully becomes crimson red. As the sun began to rise, you cried out in pain before rushing into the shade as much as possible despite being heavily injured from your fight with Kokushibo.

As the sword turns red, Muzan coughed out blood, and with the sun shining more and more, he screeches at the top of his lungs with horror. As his body expanded in all directions, he ended up turning into a giant demonic infant. Coming to everyone's shock, the large infant absorbed Tanjiro into its body and crawls around the building to get to the shade.