Exile

"You should die already, Yoriichi!"

Akihiko shouted before shoving the other after hearing what Michikatsu did while Yoriichi sat, listening and accepting the cruel words they told him. "Stop it! Don't say cruel things to him! Please, he didn't do anything!" You cried out before taking his shoulder to pull him off Yoriichi from landing a blow on the man you loved.

"Back off! You know better than to protect the bastard of a brother that this man brought here!"

Akihiko shouted before elbowing you away, a small cry leaving your lips as you landed on the ground, your hand clutching your chest as you tried to control your breathing from the pain you endured. Yoriichi's eyes widen in shock when Akihiko threw you to the ground before standing up from his spot to help you up, wrapping his arms around you protectively because he was angry that Akihiko caused you harm.

"[name]. Please do not defend me. I am to blame for this."

You couldn't believe your ears when Yoriichi accepted the truth that this was his fault for Michikatsu's betrayal. You didn't understand why he blamed himself for his brother's choice when he had nothing to do with it. "Akihiko. I will not allow you to take your anger on her. You have no right to elbow her in the chest or even hurt her."

For the first time, you heard Yoriichi's voice lower as his eyes expressed anger for someone who caused you harm. As much as he accepted the cruel words his former comrades put on him, he wasn't going to allow them to degrade or hurt you because you took Yoriichi's side. It was easy to see he was very much angry and protective when none of this wasn't your fault or his.

As Akihiko and the other men shouted cruel things to Yoriichi, he said nothing to their insults. Instead, he made sure to keep you behind him in case if something happened. At this point, the arguing caused you to cover your ears from all the yelling and shouting, so you decided that enough was enough. "That's enough! All of you shut up for one goddamn minute! None of this is Yoriichi's fault! How could you say such a cruel thing to him?! Because of Yoriichi, all of you can defeat the demons, and you're not grateful for that?! Yoriichi is one of the kindest men I've ever met, so you have no right to tell him to kill himself!" 

You screamed at the top of your lungs, your lungs throbbing for air as numerous tears ran down your cheeks. It hurt you so much that these people could be hurtful to him. Before you could continue yelling at them to defend Yoriichi as much as possible, you felt a familiar hand on your shoulder, informing you that you've said enough. "I will leave the Demon Slayer Corps, [name]. I do not wish to burden anyone here. This is my punishment, not yours."

You turned around to face Yoriichi, your [e/c] orbs begging him not to leave because none of this was his fault. Your grip tightened on his haori to the point that your knuckles began to turn white, preventing him from leaving the Corps, although you felt it was right for him to go so he wouldn't face any more cruelty towards him.

You didn't understand why he didn't see himself as a worthy man. He didn't need to be reliable and loved by the gods to defeat Muzan. When Yoriichi removed his hand from your shoulder, he turned on his heel to walk away from you and the other demon slayers.

"Princess. I don't think it will be a good idea to chase after him."

As one of the men tried to convince you not to go after Yoriichi, you already made a decision. Before he could grab you to hold you back, you were quick on your feet to run after Yoriichi with no plans of staying without him in your life. You stormed out of the building, taking nothing else with you but yourself and the hairpin Yoriichi bought for you at the festival.