Thank You, Tanjiro

How long has it been since you were able to have time alone?

Ever since Tanjiro came into the Corps with Nezuko by his side, you have been busy making sure the others didn't get hurt themselves since it was your mission to keep them safe. Since you couldn't sleep at all, you quietly exited your room once night arrived and everyone else had fallen asleep. During these nights, it relaxed you because you didn't have to do anything except stare at the stars and sit there until the sun rises.

You then lifted your haori from the ground and wrapped it around your shoulders, staring at one specific star with such sadness in your eyes. All that remained were memories of the past you could no longer experience anymore. As painful as it was, you slowly healed, but that didn't mean the pain went away completely. Your heart had yet to heal, and thinking of Yoriichi broke your heart.

He wasn't there to sit beside you to speak to you about his travels when he came home. As time progressed, you yearned for his kisses. You missed the way he kissed you with such tenderness and murmured sweet nothings into your ear. You craved the safety in his arms and his words of comfort when you cried out of frustration. You missed the way he said your name.

When he said your name with such a beautiful smile, it melted away the coldness of your heart overflowed with vengeance and anger. When a familiar scent caught your nose, you looked to the side when you noticed Tanjiro walking over to you, rubbing his eyes tiredly. When your eyes came in contact with his, the boy smiled and waved, greeting you with a happy smile even though he followed you around like a lost puppy sometimes.

"Hello, [name]-san!"

"Hello, Tanjiro."

You greeted with a nod, acknowledging his exitance before paying your attention towards the same star without a word coming from your lips. When Tanjiro noticed this, he tilted his head to the side and looked at the sky, wondering what you were staring at with such sad eyes. "Can't sleep?" You asked as you waited for his answer patiently.

"Yes. I was on my way to get a glass of water until I saw you out here. If you don't mind, may I sit with you?"

He responded once he saw you nod your head in agreement to let him sit beside you. As the two of you sat in silence, you took out your hairpin from your hair to stare at it, your [h/l] [h/c] locks falling so gracefully.

"Are you perhaps waiting for someone, [name]-san? Every time I come near you, you give off a sad scent."

After a moment of silence, you nodded your head in response as you continued to stare at the hairpin. "Yes, I am waiting for someone. Even though he died a long time ago, I continue to wait. Until my mission is finished, I'm sure he is waiting for me too."

You answered with a gentle smile before raising your head to look over to the boy who gave you an empathic smile as if he felt the same way. "I hope you find a cure for your sister. I believe in the two of you. You have a kind soul, and I'm positive good fortune will be on your side." Without saying much of a word, Tanjiro stared at you with empathy because he saw how sad you were when you did everything you could to benefit the Demon Slayers again.

[name]-san is very sad. I wish I can do something to cheer her up.

"Oi. You're staring. What are you thinking about?"