A Painful Goodbye

A/N: So I might've gone a little overboard with the fight- but I had to add the fight scene. Now the song wouldn't fit the first half of the chapter but this song is my favorite since I watch a lot of K-dramas and the music is just chef's kiss. Okay, that's enough talking! I'll let you all know when to play the song from above!

~~~

"Get your head out of your ass already. It's pathetic."

You hissed through your teeth before swinging your blade to get his blood off, smearing whatever blood was on your lips with an attitude. It was at that moment Kokushibo knew he screwed up when he believed it was a great idea to underestimate you. Just a moment ago, you were screaming and crying at him when engaging in battle. But now, it was like you changed into a different person.

Before he could say a word or do anything, you vanished instantly before appearing behind him, sending a kick to his back with your knee, grabbing him by the back of his neck in the process, and slammed his face right in the dirt with such a force that showed you were pissed.

"Stay down, trash."

You then put your foot on his head, staring down as if he was an insect that you wanted to crush so bad. Once you lifted him off the ground, you stared at him dead in the eye before kneeing him in the stomach and threw him towards the trees. By now, you were beyond pissed and already thought of beating him senseless to avenge Yoriichi instead of killing him because you wanted to make Kokushibo suffer rather.

"What's the matter? I thought you were an Upper Moon." Oh, it felt so good to kick his ass after what he's done to you and Yoriichi. Although Yoriichi was gone from the world, you vowed yourself to rid the world of demons in his place when he told you of Muzan.

I'm sorry I won't join you so soon, Yori. I won't stop fighting until I rid his existence from the world.

You thought to yourself until you saw numerous chaotic crescent blades coming towards your way, barely dodging them in the process as a wince left your lips when you received various cuts on your body. That didn't make you worry because your wounds had already regenerated without a problem.

You were almost thankful you were turned into a demon because you wouldn't have survived these wounds if you were still a human. You gave a small bit of credit to Kokushibo because you were able to be immortal and survive these wounds even though you wanted to grow old with Yoriichi instead.

"Sun Breathing, Flame Dance."

"Moon Breathing, Ninth Form: Waning Moonswaths."

As both of your attacks came in contact, you winced once more until he appeared behind you. Before you could turn around, you ended up flying in the air, your back coming in contact with several trees as the pain was unbearable. Still, that didn't bother you, so you stood up once more to fight, wiping the blood from your mouth that you spit out after Kokushibo throws you into numerous trees.

"Now we're talking."

A hoarse laugh left your lips when Kokushibo came in view. As the battle progressed, both of you were equally harmed as you walked away from sparing Kokushibo to head back to Yoriichi to try to bury him as painful as it was seeing his body ripped to shreds. "I decided to spare you for now because Yoriichi loved you regardless and searched for you all these years. I suggest you stay out of my way."

You stopped in your tracks to look at Kokushibo with such hatred in your eyes, warning him not to come any closer now that you showed you were able to kill him without hesitation. Although he was surprised you spared him, he knew full well not to mess with you any further, so he turned the other way and began walking away without a word.

When he didn't follow you, you mourned for Yoriichi as a tear rolled down your cheek, wondering what you should do now that he was gone. After having enough time to bury him, all you took was his sword and put it back in its sheath as tears rolled down your cheeks.

As it was getting hard to breathe, it didn't stop you from crying after beating Kokushibo as it did nothing to revive the man you loved. As your piercing scream overheard throughout the forest, Kokushibo stopped in his tracks to look back to where you fought, hearing the distressed outcry.

(A/n: You may play the song now ^^)

As much as there was a part of him that told Kokushibo to stay, he ended up walking away as if your emotions did not affect him. As you mourned for your deceased lover, there was nothing you could do now to bring him back. All you could do was mourn for Yoriichi as you stayed inside the house you once called home with your husband, who you stayed by his side for such a long time.

"What am I supposed to do now?"

~•~

After staying at the house for a long time after Yoriichi's death, you packed your things and left your sword at the entrance, taking Yoriichi's sword with you instead. As difficult as it was leaving your house, there was no time to mope around and stay at the place haunted with memories you kept in your heart. When you stopped in your tracks to look back at your home once again, your darkened [e/c] orbs were somewhat saddened as you prepared yourself to leave the house you shared with the man you loved dearly.

After a moment of silence, you turned your back on the house as you walked away without hesitation under the cover of darkness. Who knew years ago you would travel back in time and fall in love with a man only to get turned into a demon and endure years without growing old. You were positive something happened to your body in the modern era, or perhaps time worked differently with time travel.

When you stared at the night sky, you saw the exact star you and Yoriichi wished upon it at times throughout his life. The moment you lowered your head to the ground, you took a step as you walked away from the house you once called home without hesitation. When you placed your hand over your shoulder when there was a red mark like Yoriichi, one last tear rolled down your cheek before wiping it away with your sleeve.

"I've mourned enough for you. I don't know what the future will hold for me, but I will defeat any enemy that crosses my path. I refuse to die, so you will need to wait for me, Yoriichi."

~~~