First Meeting

When you slowly opened your eyes, the beeping noise of the machine was the first thing you heard. A small groan left your lips before sitting up slowly, holding your head as you wondered why the hell was your head pounding so much and made you suffer.

You had no memory of what happened, but when a tear rolled down your cheek, you raised an eyebrow. When you were about to wipe your tear with your sleeve, the door opened to reveal your best friend about to enter the room. Before you could open your mouth to say something, they dropped whatever they carried and rushed towards you, wrapping their arms tightly around you as they wept into your shoulder.

"Don't ever give me a scare like that, [name]! I thought you weren't going to wake up!"

"[f/n], what on earth are you talking about? Stop crying."

You sighed, pushing them away gently to wipe their tears with your thumb. No matter how hard you tried to remember, you didn't know why you had a feeling of sadness and joy when you barely woke up. As [f/n] told you that you had been asleep for a month, it didn't feel like it did when you woke up from a dream you didn't remember.

When you placed your hand over your chest, you asked yourself why you felt lonely and sad whenever you tried to remember what happened. Once nighttime had arrived and [f/n] had finally fallen asleep, you slowly got out of bed and wrapped a blanket around your shoulders, wondering why you had this feeling of longing when you tried to remember your dream all day now.

You quietly left your room, looking at both sides of the hallway, and didn't see anyone, for now, so you took this chance to go. Once you were outside the hospital to take in the sight of the city illuminated with bright lights and cars passing by without knowing who you were, a smile shown on your lips because you were finally home.

"Strange. I thought I would meet someone out here."

You whispered to yourself, shaking your head at these foolish thoughts when you thought you were going to meet someone important out here. As soon as you turned around on your heel, you ended up bumping your face into someone's chest. For some reason, their chest felt warm and safe, as if you had always rested your head there. When you looked up to apologize, your eyes widen in shock at the man you bumped into him. There was no way you could forget his gentle maroon eyes and that birthmark on his forehead no matter how much you tried to dig into your memories.

"Ah, I apologize for startling you."

The man bowed his head politely even when he was expressionless, but there was a sense of gentleness in his eyes that made you want to cry and run into his arms and stay there for all eternity. "No, it's alright. I should've paid attention to where I was going."

You responded with a smile, rubbing the back of your neck shyly as you stared at the other since he was taller than you. Although there was silence between the two of you, you didn't know why you had the feeling you knew this man even when you had never met him. When Yoriichi noticed that you were still in your hospital gown when it was still cold, he slowly took off his coat and wrapped it around your shoulders without thinking for himself.

"Even if you have a blanket, it is still cold out here."

Even when he didn't know you at all, you were surprised by how kind he was without anyone telling him what to do. "Thank you, but won't you be cold?" You asked, tilting your head to the side since you did feel guilty for taking his jacket when he offered it to give you warmth. "I will be alright. I will only be out here for a little while. I want to admire the stars."

When he smiled at you, there was a gentle smile on his lips as if he was at peace. "The stars look lovely this evening. I forgot how much I loved admiring them." Despite shivering from the cold, the fresh breeze almost reassured you that this was not a dream. You survived, and now you could live your life as before when it would take time to heal from the accident.

"Indeed. What is your name?"

Yoriichi questioned before looking down at you, tilting his head to the side as he waited for an answer patiently. "My name is [name] [last name]. What's yours?" You responded with a smile before giving out your hand for him to shake since you wanted to talk to this stranger more since you were curious about him.

"My name is Yoriichi Tsugikuni. It's nice to meet you as well, [name]."

He smiled, accepting your hand as he shook it since Yoriichi was happy he could meet someone new and make someone smile even when you were a stranger to him. Strangely enough, Yoriichi felt this feeling of familiarity when his hand brushed against yours, causing a shiver to run down his spine as he stared at you with such a gentle smile on his lips. 

"Before the accident, I failed to take in the beauty of this world. I'm happy to see the stars again with my own eyes."

You spoke out with a faint smile appearing on your lips as you continued to stare at the stars. That same feeling of longing came back to you when your [e/c] orbs caught sight of the shimmering stars, reminding you of the star you claimed with Yoriichi. Sadly, no memories of that life came back to you, and it was as if Yoriichi didn't exist in your life anymore once you woke up.

"I'm glad to see you are alright. Sadly, my mother does not have much time to live, so that is why I am here. I wish upon that star and hope for the best of her."

Yoriichi spoke before pointing at the same star you were staring at as your eyes widen in shock since you stared at the same star. You slowly looked over to Yoriichi and saw a gentle smile on his lips despite knowing what his mother was going through.

"You are a good person, Yoriichi."

You softly smiled at the other before deciding to go back inside since it was too cold to stay by his side since you only woke up a few hours earlier. "Here's your jacket. I don't want you to be cold." Before you could take off his jacket and give it back to him, he gently placed his hand over yours and shook his head with a smile.

"No, it's alright. Keep it."

As much as you wanted to give it back since you didn't want him to get cold, a defeated sigh left your lips and kept the jacket. "If you say so. I'll be heading back inside. It was nice meeting you, Yoriichi." You waved at him before turning on your heel to walk back to the hospital, placing your hand over your chest, wondering why your heart skipped a beat and felt your face flushed for no apparent reason.

"Once you feel better, would you like to go to a coffee shop with me?"

Yoriichi questioned before noticing you stop right in your tracks to look at him with a smile in response. When he caught sight of a faint blush on your cheeks, you smiled at him with such happiness even though he didn't understand why he wanted to be close to you. Although he had no clue why there was a feeling in his heart where he wanted to stay by your side and hold you, your smile caused his heart to skip a beat when you smiled in agreement.

"That would be lovely."

~~~