Yoriichi's Legacy

It had been some time since you were exiled by the Demon Slayers, even when it was none of Yoriichi's fault. As he requested, the two of you searched everywhere for Michikatsu even when you felt it wasn't right for you to face him when he's done nothing but caused harm. Of course, you were willing to help Yoriichi out because of how much Michikatsu meant to him, so you searched every village nearby and every valley to track down Yoriichi's brother. But with no luck on your side, you did your best to comfort Yoriichi when his search ended up failing.

"I hate this feeling I have for you... I hate you because you are making me suffer every time you run in his arms. I can surpass him! I can be better than him... I should have never fallen in love with you."

"I hate you very much. I wish you never came here. I wish you have never existed."

As soon as your thoughts came to Michikatsu, there was no going back to change the past because there was nothing you could do. Every time Yoriichi mentioned his brother, he had no idea what his brother told you that night. It broke your heart because Yoriichi was looking for a man who didn't want to be found and resented him for his success as a Demon Slayer.

Of course, you chose to follow Yoriichi and love him when you made it clear your loyalty was with Yoriichi alone. While you were fixing one of your kimonos, Yoriichi suggested the two of you should visit an old friend of his-- in which you agreed to go with him, leaving your home together hand in hand to see this friend of his. Soon enough, you arrived at a house when a man noticed you from the corner of his eye, greeting you and Yoriichi with a smile. 

"Ah, Yoriichi-san! Hello! Who have you brought today?"

Sumiyoshi greeted the two of you with a bright smile, tilting his head to the side as he wondered who his old friend had brought today. "Hello, Sumiyoshi." Yoriichi greeted the other before taking your hand in his, staring down at the shorter man with a small smile since you could tell Yoriichi was happy to see his old friend once more.

"My name is [name]. It's nice to meet you, Sumiyoshi-san."

You greeted the man with a smile before bowing formally to him since you wanted to be respectful. "It's nice to meet you as well! Come, I'll prepare tea for you both!" Sumiyoshi invited you over to the house, smiling since he was happy to see Yoriichi again after two years had passed since he and Yoriichi last talked to one another. When Yoriichi and Sumiyoshi sat down beside one another as they began to chat, you picked up Sumire and played with her after asking Sumiyoshi for permission, of course.

"I wanted someone to listen to me. After thinking for a while, what came to mind were your and Suyako's faces."

Yoriichi spoke out as he watched you lift Sumire into the air with a bright smile on your face as he found it heartwarming that you were able to make a child smile and laugh. "It's been two years. I'm glad you're doing okay. It seems [name]-san has been treating you well too!" Sumiyoshi responded with a smile since he didn't recognize you by Yoriichi's side and was curious to know who you were.

It was clear to see that you and Yoriichi were happy together, so all Sumiyoshi could do was wish for your happiness. "Back then, Sumire was just a baby. Now she's a lot bigger." When you heard Sumire's name in the conversation, your cheeks flushed a faint red before quickly apologizing to Sumiyoshi for taking Sumire and carefully handed her back to sit down with Yoriichi by his side.

"I'm happy to see you all happy. When I see happy humans, I feel happy as well."

You detected a sense of sadness in Yoriichi's tone since you knew about his past, asking Yoriichi himself what happened before you met him. Of course, there was patience and empathy involved when Yoriichi talked about his past as your heart ached after what he's been through.