CHAPTER 3

He's got to be joking right now.

"What do you mean I'll be getting married, I don't remember bringing anyone to you and I sure as hell did not accept anyone's proposal so what are you talking about"
I asked him this time slightly raising my voice not caring about my mannerisms, and I could tell that he seemed to be getting upset but I honestly didn't care.

     "if you'd let him finish what he had to say, I'm sure you would have had your answers Moon"

        "Shut up Meghan, no one asked your opinion,  don't you have nails to paint or something"
I replied feeling my anger increase by the minute.

       "you will shut up and hear me out Moon,"    dad bellowed hitting his hands on his desk, causing me to jump back a little.
        "you and Adrian here will be getting married in two weeks and that's final, if you have any problems with this decision you can go take it up with your grandma Louis, oh I forgot she's not here anymore"

  "What does grandma Louis  got to do with you not only setting me up for a loveless marriage, but deciding when it happens, and as if that's not enough you couldn't even let me in on  this unsettling decision of yours"
I asked finally loosing my cool and raising my voice to match his own, I knew my grandma Louis and I knew she'd never do something like that to me.

     "You will not disrespect your father like that Moon,  miss universe or not I will come over there and I will slap the shit outta you"
I was shocked at my mom, even at a time like this, she would let this happen and still be totally okay with it? What kind of a mother is she?

I could feel the tears threatening to spill but I wasn't going to let it out, not in the presence of strangers,   she was right though, in the end he's my dad, and disrespecting him wasn't the way to go right now.

      "I'm sorry, but please dad you need to clarify me"

     "Your grandparents  and his grandparents signed a document indicating that the both of you should be joined in marriage, in the failure of the both you accepting to be joined in holy matrimony, King's Group will be signed over to the church, same would have been the case of Smith corps, but Adrian here already owns 70% Of Smith corps which means he's got only 30% to loose,  unless of course you are wealthy enough to buy King's group I'll solely advice you to accept this offer while it still stands,  and secondly while you make your decision I hope you consider the thousands of employees working under this establishment"

      I looked at him in absolute disbelief, I could see every signature on the document he had passed to me, it was true,   but this was preposterous, how could I pay a debt I didn't incurre, I was paying a price for a company that would never even be remotely mine,

this was so unfair,   even  if I decided to buy King's group I could only afford about 68% of the company,  that still left 32 percent of billions of dollars, what about the employees, my grandparents hardwork,  I couldn't just let it go to waste,       But this would be me making one more sacrifice for people that'll never love me.

I looked over at Adrian who seemed bored, of course he would be,  owning 70 percent of Smith Corps was letting him off the hook, he could easily let the 30 percent go and he will still be perfectly fine, but I couldn't do same, because then I'll be disappointing my parents, my grandparents, the employees whose daily breads depended on this place, even if I could rebuild I would never give them what King's group was given them already, I was thankful that he even accepted to be here this moment,  

besides this could be my chance at happiness, maybe finally there would be someone who didn't see me as a second choice,  finally someone I could call mine and mine alone, with that thought in mind I voiced my agreement.

     "I'll do it, but I have  conditions"

       " State it, we don't have all day"   my dad replied with absolutely no emotion present in his tone.

       I stood up from my sit, picked up my bag, then went towards Adrian before I spoke.

"first off, I want the fashion segment, the modeling agency and the Loius private jet,   they must be turned all over to me and In my name, they will no longer be affiliated by any means with King's group, and they will be a part of my companies, it's that or King's group can be turned over to the church"
By the time I laid out my demands my mother was red from anger because those were basically the three things she was in charge of,  I didn't care though,   

the fashion segment will be merged with Moon's Couture, it already had a clothing line, a shoe line, and different accessory lines, coupled with a bridal store all of which are unisex,  it even had various boutiques in  different cities of the world, the fashion segment alone was stipulated to be worth one billion dollars,

the modeling agency is the second largest mode of profit making in King's group, especially during fashion week, or during brand unveiling, endorsements and fashion shows, it always brought in a reasonable cash flow, I plan to  rebrand then hire more famous models who are currently freelance models because they don't trust the other agencies, 

then for the Louis private jet, it's currently the biggest jet in the whole of King's group, they always used it for vacation, so why let them keep it when it will serve a better purpose now that I'm about to own two businesses added to my already four existing ones.

Besides, in the end they were going to hand everything down to Meghan, so why not take the things I could get while I still could.

     "I knew you were a good choice"  
Mr Smith commented his eyes twinkling with amusement.

       "they are yours"
My father gritted out, I stood straighter, stepped forward and shook his hand, he tried tightening his grip but I immediately pulled my hand away, I smiled then stepped back,

        "Tell your lawyers to draw up the documents, I'll meet them at the restaurant tonight with my lawyers, I'll see you all there"

I knew deciding to give them roughly seven hours to draw up the documents seemed unreasonable and rushed,  but believe me if I decided to give them more time,   my father wasn't exactly the most sincere person I could do business with,  more time for him would mean more time to search for loopholes and create unnecessary drama for me, so the earlier the better,

With that thought I was about to step away and out of the room when Adrian who hadn't said a word finally cleared his throat signifying he probably had something to say, I stopped in my tracks and turned back to face him.

        "now that all of this has been cleared, I have just one demand"
Oh my gosh, he had the deepest voice I'd ever heard In my life,

I definitely don't mind getting married at all at this rate,   that was till he opened his mouth again.

          "It will be a private wedding"
With that said he got up and walked away, 

I looked at his father who seemed just as surprised as myself, he caught my gaze and immediately gave me an easy smile, I smiled back then started making my way out of the office and out of the building.

I wasn't going to loose my shot at a happy life, if this opportunity was presented to me and not Meghan then I'm choosing to believe that it was my chance at a happier life and nothing was allowed to take it away.

*********************************
Comments ✍️✍️
Votes ⭐⭐
And stay beautiful or handsome...
That's all you gotta do for me