Chapter 9

The passenger door opens and Malia jumps in. "Will you take me home?" She asks and I nod as I wipe away a tear.

"What Hale?" She asks as I try to concentrate as much as I can on the road. "Peter." I say and she sighs and nods.

"Does this make us related?" She asks and I laugh. "In some way, I don't know what Hale my dad is. I should've asked." I say and she nods.

After dropping Malia home I head home myself. I have a shower and crawl into bed just staring at the ceiling. It's about 10am and I'm lost and I don't know what to do.

A continuous knock on the door has me rolling my eyes. Its definitely Stiles trying to apologise.

The knock on the door continues so I put my head under the pillows and try to ignore the knocking.

"Clara I know you can hear me." I hear Derek say and I roll my eyes. "Open the door, we need to talk." He says and I sigh and climb out of bed and head to the door.

I open the door and he takes a breath of relief. "Can I come in?" He asks and I nod and we head into the kitchen. "Do you want a drink?" I ask and he shakes his head for no.

"We need to talk." He says and I make a cup of coffee and sit at the island beside him. "Is this about Braeden?" I ask and he laughs. "This is about your father." He says and I sigh. "I came to the school after I found out, but you were already gone. Stiles was there, he seemed quite worried and upset and told me what happened."

"Is it you?" I ask and he nods. I play with my mug nervously and pick it up before taking a sip. "I've been waiting so long for you to find out." He says and I furrow my eyebrows.

"How long have you known." I ask and he sighs. "Remember when you first came to Beacon Hills and after the attack at the school your mom locked me up? She kept making hints that you were mine. But I didn't want to believe it, until that night you were in the hospital." He says and I sigh.

"What about Stiles? How long has he known?" I ask and he sighs. "I don't wanna get involved inbetween you and Stiles." He says and I raise an eyebrow whilst looking up at him. "The same night, that's when everyone knew." He says and my eyes widen.

"Every one knew? And no one wanted to tell me." I question and my voice cracks. "Allison wanted to tell you. Unfortunately she never got round to doing it." He says and I could feel my eyes become blurry. I take a deep breath and blink away the tears before looking at Derek.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask and he sighs. "Clara I didn't believe it for so long. Then by the time I knew Allison told me not to tell you. Then when she died, we were going through so much." He says and I sigh.

"Clara I've missed so much of your life, I want to be apart of your life. But only if you want me to?" He says and I nod.  "I wanted my father to be apart of my life for so long. I just didn't think he would be a werewolf." I say and he chuckles nervously. "I want you to be apart of my life Derek." I say and he takes a breath of relief.

"Cora thinks you have my eyes." He says and I smile. "Auntie Cora, good god." I say making him laugh. "How is Cora?" I ask and he nods. "Shes good." He says smiling.

"So is this where I start calling you dad?" I ask and he laughs. "You don't have to, I would understand if you didn't want to." He says and I roll my eyes playfully. "Okay dad I'm glad I finally get to meet you." I say and he smiles.

"How are you feeling?" He asks and I take another sip of my coffee that wasn't so hot. "About what?" I ask. "About everything, you can talk to me." He says and I start to play with my mug nervously.