Chapter 28

Once we got to the animal clinic we rush out of the Jeep and inside. As soon as we get in there we talk to Deaton.

"Vanishing twin syndrome..." Deaton reads out. "This is part of your expertise, right?" Stiles asks. "Not particularly, no." Deaton says and I sigh.

The door opens leaving us to turn to see Scott and Liam walking in with a Dread Doctor. "He's still alive." Scott says and my eyes widen.

"Can you keep him alive?" Scott asks as we all look down at the Dread Doctor infront of his. "I'm not sure, he technically is alive." Deaton says.

"Screw keeping him alive. How do we get him to talk?" Liam asks and I put my hand on his shoulder for reassurance that everything will be fine. It always is. "Personally, I don't think we utilize torture nearly enough." Stiles says.

"Come..." we hear a voice say and I look around confused. "Did you hear that?" Liam asks.

"Come to me.... To me." The Dread Doctor sat up making us all take steps back from the table. This awful high pitched noise had us all covering our ears and grunting in pain. The whole room seemed to shake.

Liam went straight for the Dread Doctor but it up and left. "Liam wait." Scott shouts before Liam gets flung across the room by the Dread Doctor.

I rush to Liam's side and help him back up.  We ducked missing all the tables that barricaded the door randomly. Liam rushes over to the door, only to have Scott stop him as Deaton yells "stop."

"Its electrified." Deaton says as sparks seem to come flying off the wires. All three of us listen out to the conversation happening outside the building.

"The Argents." I heard and looked over to Scott confused. "The cane." Scott says and I furrow my eyebrows. "They took it. They took the cane." Liam says and I look over to Stiles who just shrugged.

"Maybe theres something in here. Something a out how he was a Genetic Chimera." Scott says flicking through Mason's file.

"Mason had a vanishing twin." Deaton says. "Now we've got a vanishing Mason." Stiles says and I start to laugh before I cover my mouth with my hand. "You gotta stop doing that." Scott says and I nod. "I know. I know. Sorry." I say once I had contained my laughter.

"What does that have to do with him turning into a 250-year-olf French guy? How does that even happen?" Liam asked confused.

"Hold on, Scott might have something." Deaton says pointing to Scott. "Mason's twin wasn't entirely gone. That's what made him a Genetic Chimera." Deaton says and I look at Scott confused waiting for him to add something in. "The DNA was still there." Scott says.

"Metaphorically speaking, the DNA of Mason could still be inside sebastian as well. "How?" Stiles asks confused. "Life is energy. Energy doesn't just disappear. The Dread Doctors may have found a way to break the rules of the supernatural world but there are some rules that simply won't break." Deaton adds.

"So Mason can't just be gone?" Liam asks looking up at Deaton. "Somewhere in Sebastian he has to still exist in some form. A spark of energy, a flicker of memory." Deaton says and I look up to Stiles who had just lifted up the mask.

"Hang on.... Liam, you said Mason said something right before he turned?" Stiles says and we all look at Liam. "He said... that's not my name." Liam says and I look at him confused before we turn to Scott and wait for his input.

"He finally remembered his name." Scott says turning to Scott. "Damnatio Memoriae." Stiles mutters. "That's what they wanted. They wanted Sebastian to remember his name." Liam says and I nod.