Chapter 19

"Clara." Scott says shaking me awake. "Hmm..." I say sitting up. "Are you alright?" Melissa asks and I nod. "I'm okay." I say standing up. "I need to head to the animal clinic, I'll see you later." Scott says to his mom. "Wait, I'll give you a lift." I say and he thanks me.

"Is it just me or is Stiles been acting weird lately?" Scott asks. Well yeah obviously, he killed someone and its affecting him greatly. "I don't think so, he seems the same to me. He's hasn't been feeling too well but that's probably why you think he's been acting off." I say and Scott nods.

Stiles did it out of self defense, I know that. But why didn't he tell me? Why does he feel like he couldn't tell me? On top of that I was just wondering why he did it. I mean I was there when Donovan threatened his dad. Maybe he was going to go after his dad. I don't know.

"Are you coming in?" Scott asks and I look over and see Stiles Jeep. "Sure." I say jumping out of the car and heading inside.

I follow Scott in and see both Stiles and Theo looking down at the body that had a blanket over it. As soon as we walk in Stiles erupts into this story about how a Dread Doctor attacked the boy. Whereas Theo was just smirking at me. He knew I was on the other side of them doors. That douchebag.

Stiles pulls back the blanket and I scrunch my face up. "Good god." I say and look away.

"Do you know him?" Theo asks Scott. "Its Josh. He was a junior." Scott says and I sigh and make my way to Stiles side as he pulls the blanket back over his face.

I bury my head into Stiles chest and he wraps his arms around me and I finally feel like I can breathe.

"Which one did it? Was it the one with the cane?" Scott asks. "It must've been, because he attacked me when I was on my way to go and find Stiles." I say pulling my head out of Stiles chest but he doesn't remove his arms from around me. "You were attacked?" Stiles asks and I nod. "I'm fine." I say looking up at him to see his eyes full of worry.

"What are we gonna do with him? We can't just set the alarm and leave. That's how Tracy disappeared. " Stiles says and I put my head back into his chest. "Someone's gotta stay here with him." Stiles says.

"I'll do it." Theo says making me pull my head away from Stiles chest and look at him unconvinced. "It's not like I had a big Saturday night planned." Theo says and I roll my eyes as Scott's phone vibrates.

"What is it?" Stiles asks. "Another Chimera." Scott says and us three rush out of there. I get in my car and follow them to Hayden's house.

"Hayden. It's Clara." I say knocking the bathroom door. Her heartbeat was crazy which made me feel bad for her. "I know that you're scared, but we just want to help you." I say and turn to Liam.

"What happened? Can you hear her heartbeat it's crazy." I say to Liam and he sighs. "She was okay when we got here. I went to text Scott for two seconds and when I came back she locked her self in there." Liam says and I sigh. "Why?" I ask. "I don't know." He says shrugging.

"And she's definitely a Chimera?" Scott asks. "She said she heard a voice saying 'your condition improves'." Liam says and I sigh. "Okay that's unsettling." Stiles says and I nod as Stiles heads to the door and knocks.

"Hey Hayden, this is Stiles." Stiles says knocking the door. "Your sister works with my dad down at the station. Look just open the door okay? You can trust us." Stiles says taking a step back. I sigh and take a step forward again.

"We just need to tell you the truth Hayden. And that kind of thing is better of face-to-face. I know this is probably too much and you don't have to believe us right now but we need to know you're okay. We need you to atleast trust us because we know this is scary. Me or Liam didn't take it easy when we found out about it either. Just open the door or I'm gonna have to break the door and I don't want to do that." I say taking a step back and letting Scott get ready to break the door down.