Chapter 40

I was extremely anxious. Stiles had told me about some sort of ambush they had planned for my dad.

I hadn't heard off of anyone from Beacon Hills in the longest time, it was kind of suspicious. Not even Malia had contacted me.

I'm sat in a hotel, waiting for Stiles to return.

I tried watching tv, didn't work. Listening to music, didn't work. I was stressed. I don't know why because it's Derek and he can get out of it if he tried.

I smelt blood before there was a bang on the door. I rushed over to the door to see Derek and Stiles and they rush in.

"Whose bleeding?" I ask as they barge past me. "Stiles. He got shot in the toe, he's alright now though." Derek says and I glance over at Stiles as he dramatically lies down on the bed.

I wrap my arms around Derek and he hugs me back. "I've missed you." He says and I smile before pulling back. "I've missed you too." I say and he smiles.

"We need to get to Beacon Hills." Derek says and I nod. "We can leave in the morning." I say and Derek groans.

I make my way to Stiles' side of the bed and he just smiles at me. "How's your toe?" I ask and he groans. "It hurts." He says and I lean down and kiss him. My veins on my face fill with black as I take his pain.

"I love you." He says before falling to sleep. I smile and take my hand off of his check.

I grab the spare pillows and blankets and take them to Derek as he sits on the sofa. "Thank you." He says and I nod. "Are you okay?" I ask and he nods.

"I'm gonna get ready for bed because we have a long drive tomorrow. You can tell me all about where the hell you've been tomorrow." I say and he nods.

I clean my face and brush my teeth and then get into some pyjamas before climbing into bed beside Stiles.

This was probably the first and last time he'd fall asleep on his back and I plan on taking full advantage.

I quickly turn off the light and then scoot as close to Stiles as possible. I put my head on his chest and out of a reflex, Stiles wraps an arm around me in his sleep.

Stiles has been very touchy since he came back from the Wild Hunt. Especially when we're in bed, we normally spoon or whatever but if he's not touching me he will freak out. Whenever he can hold my hand, or kiss me he does.

I think it's got something to do with us being apart for so long. It was obviously worse for him than for me because I didn't remember him for much of it. I just felt alone. Obviously for him, he knew we were in two different dimensions and might not see each other again.

But I've never not wanted to be away from Stiles, that's why I followed him to Virginia. I'd follow him to the end of the world as long as it meant I got to be at his side.

I couldn't really sleep well that night because I was so paranoid about what was going on in Beacon Hills.

At about 4, I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. I had a shower and got dressed. I put on some black jeans and a college hoodie on.

I make my way back to my bed and wake Stiles up. "Come on. We need to get on the road." I say and he groans before rolling over. "Stiles." I whisper shout and he sits up. "Fine." He says and I throw him his clothes.

I wake Derek up and and I hurry both boys out of the hotel and to my car.

Stiles got in the back and fell asleep, whereas Derek got in the passenger seat.

"Stiles told me you guys graduated." Derek says breaking the silence. "Yeah. Im in college." I say gesturing to my hoodie.

"Virgina." He says and I nod. "Im proud of you." He says and I smile. "Thanks." I say bluntly.