Chapter 25

When the three of us get to Eichen we line up with a bunch of other guests.

The gate opens and I immediately get the chills. "Please remember to follow visitor procedure. Eichen house has a wide range of patients and we cannot guarantee the safety of those who deviate from the rules." An orderly says as we walk through the gates and up to the house.

When we get inside, instead of going up to the registration desk with all the other visitors, we speed walk and hide behind a wall.

A naked guy came running past us and I look up to Malia who just nods and runs for the electrical room. Me and Kira tail behind her.

"We're in. We did it." Kira says as I shut the door. "Don't get too excited. Getting outs the hard part." Malia says and I sigh. "Twelve minutes." I say showing them my phone.

Malia rips opens cabinet that had all the wires in. I lean against the door keeping a clue on the time.

"Okay, Kira you can do this." Malia says sounding convincing and I nod at them. "Eleven minutes." I say as Kira steps forward to the wires.

"I think its these but they're covered in rubber." Kira says and I sigh. They need to get a move on. I spot some scissors and rush over to them. "You want to electrocute yourself?" Kira asks and I sigh. "She'll heal." Malia says and I smile and shrug at Kira. "Not if you die." She says taking the scissors.

Malia gets out her claws and smiles cockily. Before going to claw at the wires. The electricity crackles and sparks fly out. "I didn't die." Malia says looking at the smoke coming from her claws.

"Four minutes." I say to them growing concerned. Kira sighs before stepping forward to the wires.

"I can smell how nervous you are." Malia says bluntly as I get a whiff of nervousness. "Not helping." Kira says and I sigh.

"Kira you can do this. Don't overthink it and then think about how happy Scott will be when you do it." I say and she sighs. "You have ten seconds?" I say and squeeze her shoulder whilst taking a step back.

She grabs the wires yet nothing happens. "Why isnt it working?" Malia asks causing Kira to sigh. "Because I have no clue what I'm doing." Kira says.

"Kira nothing's happening." I say looking up from my phone and looking around. "I'm aware of that. I don't want to lose control because I'm scared I might fry the entire system." She says and I look around the room.

"Kira don't overthink it. Stop worrying about what might happen and just do it. This isn't about us. This is about saving our best friend." I say and she nods and takes a deep breath before grabbing the wires again.

The lights in the room go out making me smile. "Kira it's working." Malia says. "Keep going." I encourage.

The computer starts beeping and I rush over to it. KEY CARD SYSTEM REBOOT INITIATED.

We open the electrical room door slightly to see if it was safe. There were guards coming through the door. "Those guards shouldn't be there." Malia whispers. "We can get past them." Kira whispers confidently.

"We could. But we don't want to se off any alarm until Lydia is out." I say as we watch the guards. We slowly shut the door and wait in the electrical room.

"Visting hours are way over." We hear the man at the front desk say. "We're not here to visit." A familiar voice says and I furrow my eyebrows trying to remember whose voice it it. "We're here for Lydia Martin." I hear Theo say and I roll my eyes. Of course he's here.

Once we hear them leave we head out to the front desk where we see the man on the floor unconscious. Malia slaps him to try and wake him up.

An electrical sound makes me turn to Kira who had Electricity running all over her.