10. Pre-Game

22 June 2014

-Cameron

"What do we do now? We settled our things in our rooms, we have another day to visit Dallas, what now?" I ask the gang since it's only 3:30.

We were all sitting on a couch in the lobby.

"I know, what about we go play mini putt? I saw one when we got back from Chipotle." Lox suggested and it was a great idea and since we were an even number we'd be in pairs.

"Great. So we meet back here. In 20 minutes." Matt said and we walked to our room.

"Hey, Cam, tomorrow I'll be doing something with my cousin and Hayes," Nash told me as we decided what to wear.

"Without the gang?" I ask surprised, but he must have a good reason.

"It's my aunt's birthday, Sara's mother, and you know she passed away. But we still celebrate her birthday."

I didn't realize we were going to be June 23rd tomorrow. I knew Mary and she was so sweet, and David was an incredible person, sometimes life is unfair to the people who don't deserve bad things.

I wish I could go with them but I understand they need some time alone.

"But, it's only like an hour, so afterward we could do things with the gang," Nash said, and I nodded.

I decided to go with some beige shorts and a turquoise t-shirt, with some black vans.

"Dude, did you see your cousin and Gilinsky at dinner? I think they were flirting."

"I know! I wanted to text her but she wouldn't have replied, I know her," he started. "But honestly I don't mind if they date one day. Or if she dates one of you."

I liked Sara last year like I wanted to hold her and call her mine, but after a while, we became too close for a relationship.

She's like a little sister to me now, I'm kind of protective with her just like Hayes and Nash are.

-Sara

I took a quick shower before Sammy did.

"You're the only girl I know that doesn't take an hour in the shower." I laugh at his comment.

"What an hour in the shower? Damn, I wonder what girls do with their bodies in there." I realize what I said, might have sounded dirty.

"That's not what I meant Sammy." He laughs, he has a sweet laugh.

"I didn't say anything, Sara," he says with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Right, but you thought of it?"

"I'd never think of you being in the shower doing things with your body." He chokes on his own words, and I slap him.

"No, seriously. I did think about it but not you. Not that I wouldn't but, well you get the point right?" Sammy seems confused, and it was cute.

"I get it, Sammy, now come on get dress. Or you want to go shirtless and shoe-less?" I ask pointing at his shirtless chest and naked feet.

"Yeah, I should maybe get dress. Oh, by the way, you look beautiful." He said, I smiled at him and took my phone off its charger and shoved it in my back pocket.

"Thank you, Sammy."

I grab the black vans that Cameron got me for my 18th birthday, and put them on.

"I'm ready," I stated and glance at Sammy only to see him smile at me with crossed arms. "What?"

"Nothing, it's just that I never knew you before and I'm glad I do now," he swings open the door and let me pass, I smile.

We walk side by side to the elevator, in silence but it wasn't an awkward silence, it was more like a peaceful silence.

"So are you happy to share a room with the amazing Samuel Wilkinson?" I laugh but gave him an honest answer.

"Seriously, yes I am. I have a feeling that was going to get along perfectly well."

"Yeah, me too."