36. Gone Wrong

5 July 2014

-Jack

I fucked up, and I know it. Fuck! I cheated on a beautiful and awesome chick, for a fucking minor who thinks she's 20! God, I hate myself. Shit, Johnson! I dial his number. "What?" He answered on the other line. He obviously hated me.

"I fucked up," I started but he stopped me.

"Yeah, you did. And I hope you're going to fix this because she never came home last night and the boys are worried sick. I'm your best friend but right now, I'm only Johnson for you. So, you fix things up between you and Sara. And, by the way, the boys wants to kill you. Just saying, oh and where are you now?"

"At Madison's. I had no choice alright, I knew I couldn't go back-"

"Are you serious? God, Jack get your shit straight starting with that bitch you're with." He hung up, and he was right. Madison was gone in the shower, so I hurried and got in my car.

The sun blinded my eyes, I push down the sun blocker and a picture falls on my lap.

It's Sara when we stayed together in the hotel room. We did a movie marathon and I quickly snapped that beautiful picture. She used to wear her big black glasses when we were alone because her eye contacts were making her eyes twitch. I smile to the memory, then slap the wheel in anger because I lost her, and I know it. I dial her number in real quick. "Answer baby girl, answer."

"Hey! It's Sara, probably on mute so leave a message after the beep!" BEEP. I hang up and decide to go over to the house.

-Sara

I arrived ten minutes ago and I was already mobbed with worried faces.

"I can't believe he did that! I mean it's not Jack's type to cheat on someone. If I catch him, I'll-"

"Don't finish that," I said. I stopped her because I thought I heard banging and shouting. Wait-it's not just my imagination. Beth and I speed down the stairs to find the boys yelling and shouting at a figure; Jack.

"BOYS! CUT YOUR CRAP. IT'S STILL HIS HOUSE AFTER ALL." They look at me like I was crazy. Well, I'll show them crazy. I walk over towards Jack and hold him in my arms, not inhaling the scent because I knew if I did. It wouldn't be mine.

"Sara, what-" I shot Nash a glare and he shut up.

"Leave us a minute," I sit in the couch for one while he sits across. "Explain now."

"First, thank you. Second, I am so sorry baby-"

"Sara." As I corrected him, I saw his jaw tighten.

"I- didn't mean for it to happen. I was drunk and out of space, she came up to me whispering words that caught my attention and she told me that she was you. And, all I saw was blurry faces and she-I swear she wore your perfume." I couldn't take any of this anymore.

"Look, Jack, I know last night was not what you dreamed of but it happened and we have to deal with it. I forgive you, and I love you. You can stay here as long as you want, I don't mind. All I really want is for you to get your things sorted out with her and the boys." I give him my best smile hoping he understands.

He nods, "Can I ask you one last thing?" I nod. "Are we, are we done?"

I gulp not knowing the answer myself. "For now, Jack just let it be."

Before I left the living room I heard him whisper, "I love you baby girl."

And, I knew he was telling the truth. But, he still did it. 

"Dollface, is everything okay?" Skate appears next to me, I jump a little but shake it off. 

"Great, I just need a minute." Madison's name went on my screen as my phone rings. 

"Yeah?" I answer holding my anger in.

"I need to speak with you," she sighs. 

"Benny's. Half an hour." I get ready in my room silently replaying Jack's words.

"Oh, cousin looking hot! Where you up to?" Nash asks, sitting with the boys

"Oh, cousin looking hot! Where you up to?" Nash asks, sitting with the boys. Sammy eyes me up and down along with Noah. 

"I'm meeting an old friend. We have things to talk about, I'll see you later." I blow a kiss to everyone and head out the door.