𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾𝗍𝗒 𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

Chapter 3

Chapter Text

“Anniversary?” Hoseok repeats back.

Your father is as jovial as ever when he replies, “I’m sure she already told you about it—“

You sure the fuck hadn’t. What did you have plans to just show up without him?

“Yes, sir. I’ve had it penciled in for a while now.” Hoseok lies.

“I know thirty three is an odd year to celebrate but it’s her mother and I’s lucky number. It means a lot to us so this anniversary’s one we've been anticipating,” Mr. Park explains, and Hoseok wonders not for the first time how he and your mother gave birth to two such reserved kids. Granted, Jimin was a little more lax … with everyone but him but the guy had an easy way about him. You on the other hand… “Both you and your parents will be receiving invitations obviously. But I wanted to phone you personally.”

“Ah, really?” Hoseok says, standing to look out his office window.

He hasn’t seen you this morning yet—not that that was an oddity because you moved like a ghost, even more than usual this last week. Hoseok was also ninety eight percent sure you were avoiding him and he’s never been so irritated with you. He sighs before moving to add cream to the coffee Mrs. Lee had brought him not too long ago.

“Yes, well… ___ asked that we not have anything sent over to the house and I wanted to ask if everything was okay? I know I haven’t spoken to you much but ___ told me that you were under a lot of pressure because of the recent merger and I wanted to respect her wishes and give you space.” Mr. Park explains.

“I’m not sure why she would have you not send anything,” Hoseok says and he genuinely is confused by that, it isn’t like he’s told you you couldn’t receive anything from your parents. He hasn’t even told you that you couldn’t have your parents over and yet you chose to frequent their house so he assumed it was a personal preference. “But please don’t ever feel like you need to restrain yourself. Our home is your home and it’s important to me ___ feels—“

“It is right?” Mr. Park lights up on the phone and Hoseok has to pull it away from his ear with a wince. “See, I knew it was the right choice not to cancel. Her mother kept telling me to cancel but I just didn’t feel right about it!”

“Cancel?” Hoseok repeats, wondering what he got himself into.

“The delivery.” Your father explains, “in all honesty I was calling you because it should be there—“

A doorbell sounds from the lower part of the house and Hoseok’s brow furrows in concern. He tucks the phone between his shoulder and his ear and grabs his coffee cup on the way out.

“—I just wanted to make sure she received it well and I hope you’re able to relay my message to her,” Mr. Park finishes finally.

“Yes, well Mr. Park if I could ask—“

“I’m terribly sorry I called you right before going into a meeting so I have to hang up but I do hope we see more of each other, Hoseok. I haven’t gotten the time to properly acquaint myself with you and for that I’m sorry. But I hope after today we can get to know each other better.” He says hastily, “Goodbye, son I look forward to seeing you at the party!”

“Right well—“ Hoseok stops at the end of the steps but your fathers already hung up. He pulls the phone back to look and sighs before shoving it back in his pocket.

Hoseok’s halfway to the door to check the delivery when he spots one of the staff members already taking care of it. A loud bang followed by hushed whispers draws his attention to the kitchen.