𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

Painting idyll
hugseoks
Summary:
When life gets in between Taehyung and picking his little girl up from school on time, there's nothing like having her favourite teacher show him his daughter's drawings to reassure him about both the good parenting he has been doing and just how much the infant loves him.

"Appa!" the little girl shouted from the swing; the way she excitedly started moving her little feet made you feel relieved you were using the one special for children and not a normal one; otherwise she would have probably fallen down by now.

Looking up, your eyes focused on the man coming closer to both of you; Kim Taehyung, her father and also one of your students' youngest parents. He was always well composed, always in time for parent-teacher conferences, and always involved in his daughter's activities. That day, however, as you watched him practically run in your direction, with his light blue shirt flowing up and down, along with his messy dark hair falling slightly over his eyes with each stride he took, you could tell that was not the case.

Nevertheless, the second he saw his daughter calling out for him, his previous preoccupied semblance was overshadowed by the way his lips parted into a huge smile.

"Hey, sweetheart" he spoke in a soft, breathy voice, clearly trying to catch his breath. Kneeling down in front of her, he gently caressed her cheek before he picked her up, only then his apologetical eyes fixing on yours. "I'm sorry" he let out first thing, "I am so, so sorry. One of my friends was supposed to pick her up today but he had a family emergency and I-"

"It's okay" you smiled understandingly.

He shook his head. "No, it's not. You have a life of your own and you have no obligation to keep looking after her when it's past school hours..."

A small laugh escaped your lips. "Really, it's okay" you walked around the swings so you could come closer. "I had to stay late today anyway to finish a few projects, so having Minjung-ie with me honestly made my day".

Taehyung nodded his head reluctantly. No matter what you said, he would still feel ashamed as ever. "I promise I'm a better father than this" he tried to laugh it off anyway, but you knew deep down he was seriously beating himself up and believing he was nowhere near being the best of parents.

"Oh, I know" at your confident statement, he couldn't help but raise one of his eyebrows. "This is the first time something like this has happened ever since the year started" you reminded him. "Besides, with the amount of paintings this little one has done of the two of you together, I can only believe you're a great dad".

"Paintings?" he wondered - his eyes sparkling at the mention of that.

"Yes, she loves drawing, so I always give her pencils and paper to keep her entertained" you took her small hand in yours, "we were just drawing before we came to the swings, right love?" your gentle way to approach her received a shy nod from Minjung and an adoring smile from Taehyung. "She's actually very talented for a four year old" you gazed up to lock eyes with him; a smile adorning both your faces, "I guess you already knew that, but... she never ceases to amaze me" he nodded; being already familiar with that feeling. "Would you like to see them?"

His eyebrows raised in surprise, adjusting his hands under Minjung's body so she wouldn't slip down. "I'd love to" he grinned happily, "if... you're not in a hurry, of course".

"Well, I'm done for the day and my life's not that exciting to have other plans, so..." he chuckled at both your words and the 'whatever' shrug you had just given him.

Not saying anything else as you had made your point clear, you smiled, tilting your head towards the classroom at the other side of the playground, motioning for him to follow you.