𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒 𝗈𝗇𝖾

Why Him? (BTSxReader)
ViKat

Summary:
What happens when a dull high school American girl with a dull life gets offered the opportunity of a life time? A letter to be a foreign exchange student for 6 months. And what if your temporary family is Taehyung's family? Will you grow close to him or will he just find you dull annoying like everyone else? Will you finally be able to find friends and possibly a romance or will your life take a turn for an even more stressful situation. Are you really ready for all this drama? Will you stick it out or will you say screw it and be on the next flight home?

 Are you really ready for all this drama? Will you stick it out or will you say screw it and be on the next flight home?

Chapter 1: The Letter

You were an average American girl, you didn't have too many friends and you had an average family. You didn't have very many talents except two. You were very exceptional in your school work and you were top Soprano in your choir class. Music was the only thing that made you truly happy. Other than that your life was pretty dull. You wanted something exciting to happen, you were only in high school but there had to be more to life than this.

It was just another average day at school, you spent your lunch in the choir room writing more lyrics, your choir teacher was your only true friend and that was enough for you. He would help you write and you won every competition because of his teachings. He was a very sweet older man, singing was the only thing you felt was keeping you alive. Being more focused than usual you finished writing an entire song and before you knew it it was time to head to finish your remaining classes and soon head home.

Hours later it was finally that time, you lived pretty close to home so you walked alone daydreaming about your next piece of musical genius. As you reached your home your stomach began to growl. You were so entranced on writing during lunch that you completely forgot to eat.

"Mom, what are you making for... "(Y.N.)" your mom came rushing to you cutting off your question .

"What's the matter?" you asked her shocked.

"You got a letter in the mail and and... "You opened my mail?? Mom we've talked about this!" telling her irritated.

"I know i know but, this one's important, here read it!" you took the letter out of your mom's hand seeing what the big deal was.

As you read it your eyes grew wider and wider... "See, i told ya it was important!" You looked up at your mom, her arms folded with a smirk on her face. You had received a reward for being one of the top students in the State and were chosen out of only 100 students in the U.S. to become a foreign exchange student for 6 months. And to a country you have ALWAYS wanted to visit, South Korea.

"But mom, we don't that kind of money for a ticket!" you looked at your mom upset.

"Yes we do, i've been saving up for a while now for an occasion like this and i want you to take it, you deserve it. You always said that there was more to life, and this is it." you looked at your mom and hugged her tightly as you cried tears of joy.