𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝗂𝗑𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗐𝗈

Applause roared aloud in the chapel as the couple beneath the floral arch kissed. His arms wrapped delicately around her lace-sheathed waist, pulling her close as she held him close by his arms. Red cheeks dimpled and watery eyes fluttered happily as they listened to the loud cheering erupting all around. It may be an overused expression, but there really was not a dry eye in the building.

You stood behind the couple, doing your best to clap your hands while holding Jamie’s bulky bouquet and wiping away your tears at the same time. It was hard not to start sobbing while you watched your best friends be joined together forever. Luckily, no one could hear your ugly sniffling over the tumultuous noise.

Hoseok and Yoongi were clapping behind Jimin, smiling fondly and trying themselves not to cry. The elder caught your eye from over the couple and chuckled when he saw your red face. You couldn’t help but give him a raspberry, even while at the altar. Jamie wouldn’t care that you did; She had already laughed at Jimin when he dropped the paper on which his vows were written and had to start over, and in turn, was teased when she tripped a bit on the way down the aisle. The two had cooed at each other when they teared up in turn and it was just further proof that they were perfect together.

When Jamie had turned to you to swap her bouquet for the ring, she gave you a teary smile that looked more like a grimace and you were sure the “smile” you gave in return was even worse. Who could really blame you? Was there a single person with a soul that didn’t cry when their best friend was getting married?

A happy song began playing over the continuous cheering of their guests, and the wedding party took the cue to leave the sanctuary. You followed after the newlyweds, Yoongi sliding up at your side and offering his arm. Just for kicks, you wiped your eyes and nose with the back of your hand before clasping it around his arm.

“Ugh, you’re disgusting,” he groaned with an endearing smile. You gave a teary, watery giggle in return. Together, you traipsed down the aisle, both smiling so wide your cheeks were sore. You could hear Hoseok and your brothers trying to stifle their own tears behind you, each holding the arms of their assigned bridesmaids. When you looked through the faces in the crowd, you could see Eomma’s smiling face from one of the front rows, a few seats behind Jimin’s own parents. She would wave and smile so wide her eyes would vanish in her cheery, wrinkled cheeks whenever you met her gaze from the stage.

But the one whose eyes you desperately search for, you couldn’t find in the sea of smiling faces. No matter how many times your eyes swept through the pews, you just could not find him. A part of him wondered if he had even come, even though he swore that he would. Of course, you were disappointed and no doubt Jimin was as well, but with such a busy career, no one could be too upset or shocked.

Sucking up the disappointment, you made your smile even larger, teeth on display and happiness glinting in your eyes.

The reception was to be held in a large courtyard outside of the church, beneath a large, white tent. The weather was blessedly clear and cool, the sun kind enough to stay out and light the party. After the guests had been sat and the wedding party announced, everyone was free to mingle. Dance music played and space was cleared for guests to show off their moves, a space that Hoseok and Jeongguk immediately ran to. Your younger brother had recently joined a dance crew in Seoul after being inspired by a video Hoseok and Jimin sent of themselves dancing a routine with their team. Of course, he was a natural at it – your brother never failed at anything, which was completely unfair – and was quickly placed as a center in his crew. He looked right at home, even beside a man who had been dancing since before he could walk.

Seokjin opted to sit with Eomma, who was also joined by his girlfriend, Yoonji. The moment you first met her, you had no doubt in your mind that Yoongi would look identical to her if you just placed a black wig on him. She acted similar to him too, or at least how you assumed he’d act when he had a crush – a tsundere cutie who didn’t want to admit how much she adored Seokjin, but you could see through her façade. She and your brother were perfect together.