Unexpected Surprise

CHAPTER 10

After a long conversation with Emily and the officer, Dani was set free to go home.

The only reason why they took so long was that both Emily and Tara were reprimanding the officer for his actions.

They were mad at the fact that the officer dared detain the girl with no evidence of her doing anything wrong.

Daniela was pretty surprised with the quick change of attitude the officer had when both women presented themselves as federal agents.

He practically went pale when he saw the FBI credentials, especially when he noticed that Daniela's foster was no one other than the Unit Chief of the BAU.

Never expected that from a foster did ya? Daniela thought to herself with a smirk on her face once Emily showed her credentials.

It was weird how a rather tall and fit man was being intimidated by Emily. She shouldn't be surprised though.

The woman deals with serial killers on a daily basis. Nothing phases her.

But now it was over.

It was a bump on the road that none of them wanted for the weekend but for now, they just wanted to get over it and enjoy their food that was still in the car.

Emily hoped that the food didn't get too cold.

They arrived at the parking lot and walked towards the car where the food was.

Dani was explaining her side of the story to both ladies, ranting how it was all messed up.

"They were lucky I'm a pretty chill person and didn't put up a fight," she commented.

"That lady kept on looking at me like if I was going to pounce on her or something."

"But you didn't because you are better than that," Emily stated as she unlocked the car.

"Well not really. It was mostly because I was cuffed," the teenager answered.

Tara let out a snicker while Emily rolled her eyes with a smile at the teenager's remark.

"Who was that lady anyway?" Tara asked her.

"My guess is as good as yours. I don't know who she was. I don't even think she lives here," Daniela responded.

"She probably came to visit someone or something."

"Well as long as we don't cross paths with her again, it's all good," Emily said as she took out the two bags of food.

"For now, let's just go back upstairs and eat this before it gets too cold." Both Tara and Dani nod in agreement as they make their way to the entrance.

"Emily. Emily Prentiss," they hear someone call out the agent's name.

Daniela thought that the voice sounded way too familiar. All three of them look back to see who it was.

Both Emily and Dani recognize who this person was but for different reasons.

"Mother?" Emily questioned with uncertainty as the woman approached her.