Fall

Chapter 32

Weeks pass by, and the start of October settling in. The outside weather reflects the begging stages of the fall season.

The green leaves now turning orange and yellow as the grass slowly reflects less and less green. The beautiful color pallet change along with the small but noticeable chilly breeze is something Daniela always loved.

The teenager considers falling to be her favorite season. She loves the duality of the weather in comparison to the other seasons.

Spring can be a wonderful and precious time. Birds singing, flowers blooming, and the favorable warm weather is something Daniela takes notice of and appreciates.

But considering that it's high pollen season and when all the bees, wasps, and all other small creatures come in a swarm, Dani does not like this aspect of the season.

Especially mosquito bites. Those horrendous and cruel blood-sucking insects are in search of their next victim. That is a big throw-off for her.

Summertime can be a time of fun and adventure. Outdoor fun, beach days, water parks, and cookouts. All pro's on the teenager's list that she doesn't take for granted.

But the heat, the utter heat can be unbearable. Yes. She knows it doesn't get as hot as in other states like Arizona but in the DMV area, it can get very hot.

With temperatures rising near and even over 100• F, it can be hard to even consider going outside. Adding the fact that it is not only hot but also tends to be very humid in the summer just makes things worse.

Feeling uncomfortable and sticky is something Daniela detests and surely ruins her view of summertime weather.

Winter. Daniela has mixed feelings when it comes to winter. On the plus side, her favorite holidays are during this season. She enjoys the Christmas spirit and cheers displayed on outside decorations.

Snow is always a plus. School being delayed and even closed because of snow always comes as a blessing. Playing in the snow and building snowmen is something the teen loves.

But the frigid temperature can be awful at times. No snow. No fun. Just plain and dull cold weather.

There are few things to do when it comes to outdoor activities and if she dares go out, she has to go with at least three layers of clothing. Even then, she still ends up freezing.

The cherry on top of this monstrosity of freezing weather is ice. When the snow melts or just typical rain combined with low temperatures is a recipe for disaster.

Fall is by far Daniela's favorite out of the four. It's a season when it is not too hot or cold. The temperature is just right.

The weather is perfect for outdoor activities and she loves the fact that it's sweater weather.  She gets to wear her favorite hoodies and sweatpants.

She especially loves seeing the change of scenery. How the leaves change into a variety of colors and how the cool air would touch her skin.

That is why she is outside enjoying the weather and doing one of her favorite activities. She is currently biking on a trail, soaking up the best autumn has to offer.

She tends to go alone when taking long rides as a form of escaping her outside world. It's just her and the outdoors, she lets her mind run free as she pedals through the trail.

But today is a little different. She has a biking buddy.

After hours of persuasion through charisma (which honestly she considered nagging), Daniela convinced Emily to ride alongside her.