Morning Routine

Chapter one

"Dani come on now. You don't want to be late for your first day."

"Just give me a sec."

"You have been telling me that a while ago," says Emily in a slightly annoyed tone while taking a sip of orange juice.

Emily has always been a very punctual person ever since she can remember. Even as a little girl, Prentiss would always be running on a schedule that was placed by her mother.

With ambassador Prentiss as her mother, she would always put her in a lot of extracurricular activities, whether it be early in the mornings or late afterschool.

Mostly as an excuse to keep Emily busy while her mother focused all her attention on her work. Emily had always something to do.

She had to admit, some activities she did find enjoyable like an art club that she was in while her mother was stationed in France.

Well, it wasn't really the club that got her attention, it was the hot french boys who were in it. For the most part, she hated how much her mother put on her plate as a child but it did come with a few perks such as time management.

A very valuable life asset that is useful for her job.

But things have been different for her now with a teenager. It has been almost two years since Emily has fostered a young teen named Daniela. Two years full of growth and new experiences for Emily.

Having a kid wasn't exactly on her bucket list of things to do but she stumbled upon Daniela in a rather particular way.

A case.

As an agent and as a Unit Chief, Emily has always had to be objective in order to successfully solve a case. After all, she was the successor of Aaron Hotchner, the king of objectivity, and firmness. But she isn't like him completely.

Emily isn't just an agent but also human. She doesn't know exactly why but Daniela caught her attention unlike any other victim of a case.

Maybe it was because Emily was the one who rescued her personally or maybe the fact that Emily knew that the girl had nowhere to go is why Emily felt emotionally attached to the girl.

She knew she had to take her in.

Emily lifts up her cup of orange with a small smile across her face. Taking in Dani was the best decision she has ever done.

The girl has taught her so much and gave her the chance of being a mother. Something that she would never trade, even if it meant pushing through traffic because a certain "someone" wouldn't hurry up.

Dani descends down the stairs and enters the kitchen where Emily is at.

The teen is around 5,7 in height, with a rather athletic-toned body shape. Only a few inches shorter than Emily.

The girl has dark brownish short hair, reaching down to her collarbone. Her soft tan skin combined well with her hazel eyes.

"About time. What exactly were you doing up there?" Emily asked her.

"Hey come on, you can't blame me. I need to look good for the first day," Dani tells Emily, giving her a wink.

She is wearing a simple but yet nice white T-shirt, along with a pair of jeans and a nice black bomber jacket that combined well with her Nike sneakers.

Emily chuckles. "You look very lovely," she says while giving Dani a breakfast sandwich.

" Here, with this, you will feel very energized."