Not Your Fault

CHAPTER 21

One hour.

An hour has passed since Daniela was admitted to the hospital. Since then, Emily has not seen or heard of anything in regard to the girl.

The lack of information is only contributing to her overwhelming worries, making her more and more anxious each minute that passes by.

It's clear to say, this isn't the best time of her life. Undoubtedly, one of the worst.

She is nervously pacing around the hospital's waiting room, biting her nails from her right hand. A bad habit she tends to have when she is stressed, making her nails in an uneven form.

She feels like a ticking time bomb about to explode with anxiety. She was like this the minute she entered the waiting room after she was attended by nurses who were treating her injuries.

She never wanted to be treated, to begin with, claiming that she was fine. The only thing she needs is to see Daniela.

Spencer, Tara, Alvez, and Matt are also in the waiting room with her. They arrived about half an hour ago, hoping to hear something in regards to the girl.

All of them were worried sick throughout this whole commotion. They didn't know in what state they were going to find both Emily and Dani.

For all they knew, it could have been too late.

It was a close call. They arrived right before someone got severely hurt.

The team could only imagine how terrible of a scene it would've been if Rossi didn't take the shot.

It's better not to imagine it at all.

They all see Emily walking back and forth, waiting to hear any news about the girl. She looks like a caged lion in desperate need to get out of her confined area.

The team is genuinely surprised that the woman hasn't worn out her heels yet.

Between the whole team, they managed to convince her to get checked out by one of the nurses. They noticed that the woman had bruises and therefore wanted to make sure she didn't have a major injury that wasn't visible to them.

However, they don't say anything in regards to Emily's constant pacing around the room. They know better than to tell her to calm down.

The last thing to do when a parent is worried about their child is to tell them to calm down.

That almost never works out.

Emily can be one of the calmest and collected people in the field but when it comes to Daniela's well-being, her protective instincts comes in first.

Nobody wants to mess with that.

Ding, a pair of elevator doors open at the end of the hallway. Rossi and JJ step out of the elevator, making their way to the waiting room.

They had to stay back in order to carry out Declan's arrest, ensuring everything is done properly.

Just like Emily, both agents couldn't believe that Declan was behind the kidnapping of Daniela. He wasn't a part of the list of possible suspects that they had.

His name wasn't even mentioned, shocking both agents once they realized who they apprehended. 

The same little boy that Emily risked her life in protecting grew up perusing a vendetta against her. It appears that some parts of Emily's past refuse to let her go.

As they head closer to the waiting area, both agents quickly take notice of Emily walking impatiently around the room.

They can tell that the woman is worried, noticing that she is biting her nails. A dead giveaway that she is stressed. They don't blame her.