Violent Altercation

CHAPTER 11

Two weeks pass by smoothly without much happening. Dani is in Algebra class with Emma, Amelia, and James.

The teacher, Mr. Gainer, was explaining different methods to use when it comes to finding the slope of an equation.

He was explaining this in a slow, monotone voice which led half the class to sleep.

Emma and Amelia had their heads down, taking a nap. James was on his phone while Dani was trying to pay attention to the lesson.

She was resting her head on her hand while leaning on the desk.

Though she tried to concentrate on the projector screen, her eyes would divert to the wall clock in front of her, watching how the second's hand would move slowly around the clock.

In all honesty, it was painful to watch how slow the time was passing by.

I swear I'm gonna throw that clock out the window before I go insane, she thought to herself.

The girl wasn't much of a fan when it came to math. She understood the majority of methods and math concepts but that doesn't mean it was fun, though Spencer would disagree.

He solves equations while having fun like if it was some sort of video game, something Daniela envied.

She just didn't understand why she needed to learn so many equations.

It wasn't like she was going to need to know the Pythagorean theorem to pay her bills or something, so what was the point?

She just wanted to pass but that seems easier said than done.

"Are you paying attention to the lesson, Dan?" James asked while taping her shoulder.

"I'm trying to," Dani replied, sitting up on her chair.

"But half of the stuff that the teacher says doesn't stick to my brain. At this rate, I'm gonna give up and take my L in this class."

James chuckles. "At least you get half. I have retained zero information about this," he says while pointing at his worksheet.

"And the girls most definitely are on the same page as me," he said as he moved his head towards the two sleeping students.

Both girls were out like a light and Dani admired the way they got comfortable by using their sweaters as pillows.

Sleeping was a relatively normal thing in this class and Dani knew that. This is why she takes an energy drink when she goes to this class.

Something that Emily might or might not know.

The teacher finishes explaining and assigns them to work. He walks around checking if the students are on task.

He is near Dani and her table so Dani shoves Emma and Amelia, waking them up.

"What happened," Emma said, rubbing her eyes. She looked tired and her eyes were slightly red.

"Teacher is coming," Dani replied. Mr. Gainer arrives at their desk looking at their work.

"How come you haven't started Ms. Amelia?" he asked, noticing that her worksheet was empty.

"I uh... Don't have a pencil," she replied quickly, with her cheeks flushing red in embarrassment. She looks at Dani with a smile. "Do you have a pencil I can borrow, Dani?"

"Why yes I do," Dani replied with a smug. She opens her folder and takes out a mechanical pencil, handing it to her.

"I hope you all finish your work before the end of class," said the teacher. "You guys have 5 minutes before we leave."