Check-Up

CHAPTER 25

A few days pass by with Daniela slowly recovering from her injuries.

The team kept their promise in visiting whenever they could in order to make sure the teen and their boss were okay.

The ladies would enjoy their company, especially with Penelope's vivid energy and Rossi's exquisite food.

Emily noticed how Dani became quite reserved during these last few days. She was quiet for the most part, only talking when Emily would start up a conversation.

Part of her wants to think that the reason why Dani was acting this way is because of the medication that she takes.

Some of them do make her drowsy, lowering her energy in talking but the agent knows that it is more than that.

She knows it's something deeper than that.

The teen has always told her that she feels good physically but never says anything in regards to how she feels emotionally.

Emily decided not to push the teen into talking, not wanting her to feel agitated or uncomfortable.

She is just patiently waiting in hopes of the teen eventually opening up.

It's a Wednesday morning and Penelope stopped by for a visit, bringing along breakfast to share.

Emily and the tech analyst are sitting at the kitchen bar, talking while having a drink.

"I brought you tea with fine herbs my non-caffeine drinker," Penelope said while handing her a cup.

"I admire you for quitting on such a strong yet addictive drink but I do wonder how you manage without it. I don't think I can go by a day without coffee," Penelope said while pointing at her cup.

"This is life."

"Caffeine gets me all agitated. With everything that has been going on the last couple of days, I'm already on edge. The last thing I need is to add extra nerves in my system," Emily tells the blonde.

"The only time I drink coffee is when I'm hungover or something like that."

"Yeah, last time that happened, she was complaining that her head was pounding and everything was too loud for her," Dani said while entering the kitchen with a smile.

She is wearing a pair of red basketball shorts with an oversized long sleeve shirt. The teen has her hair tied up in a messy bun as she just woke up.

"Coffee was the cure."

"You're up!" Penelope exclaims as she stands up and walks toward the teen.

She welcomes her with a light hug, knowing that the teen is still recovering from her broken rib.

"Hey, P," Dani said with a smile.

She is glad that the tech analyst stopped by for a visit. Penelope lets go of the teen and look at her with a smile.

"I brought you something that I know you will love," she said with an energetic voice.

Dani tilts her head to the side wondering what the bubbly woman was talking about.

The blonde grabs the teen's hand and guides her to the bar where Emily was sitting. She is taking out something from one of the breakfast bags she brought while Dani sits next to Emily.

The brunette smiles at the teen and leans over to press a kiss on the top of her head.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," she tells the girl.