I Need To Explain

CHAPTER 23

After a few hours, Dani was finally discharged out of the hospital. A great relief for the girl.

The dull atmosphere and endless medication are not a good fit for her. She hopes she doesn't step into a hospital again anytime soon.

Emily passed by the pharmacy to pick up Daniela's prescription and now she is driving back home.

She is also glad to leave the hospital. Both ladies need to properly rest and there is no better place to do that than in the comfort of their home.

The woman glances at Dani who has her head against the window. She is looking outside, her eyes watching the various buildings in the city pass by.

"Hey, do you want me to pass by somewhere in order to get something to eat?" Emily asks the teen.

The girl was given a breakfast meal courtesy of the hospital. It didn't look too bad. The meal consisted of cereal, a bagel, a cookie, and fruit. The teenager didn't eat much of it, only eating the cookie and half the bagel.

"No. I'm not hungry," Dani responds.

She doesn't have an appetite to eat right now. All she wants to do now is get home and rest.

Emily nods and looks back up at the road. She reminds herself to have Daniela eat something later. She can't have the girl running on an empty stomach.

After a smooth drive, they finally arrive back at the apartment. Emily parks her car and steps out of the silver Benz.

She walks to the passenger door and opens it, helping Dani out of the car. She knows the girl is still drowsy and she doesn't want to risk her falling.

Daniela has enough injuries to be adding more strain to her body.

Emily wraps an arm around the teen's waist. She has a firm grip but is careful not to hurt her. Dani would normally protest, telling the agent that she can walk on her own but the girl knows that isn't true.

She feels weak, all compliments of the hospital medication. Walking on her own isn't exactly the best idea at the moment.

"I walk like a person who is on their twelfth beer," Daniela mumbles, annoyed that she can't even walk by herself.

"I hope you aren't saying that from personal experience," Emily said while waiting for the elevator door to open.

"No. I am saying that from what I have seen" Dani replies.

"C'mon now, Em. I'm not a fool. I know my drinking limits."

Emily looks at Dani and stares at her with a slight frown.

"I should probably keep my mouth shut," the girl says rather awkwardly.

She just ratted herself out on drinking. She has to keep her mouth shut before she says something else.

"Mhmm," Emily simply replies as the elevator door opens.

Dani chuckles lightly as they both enter.

They arrive at the apartment unit, Emily unlocks the door and guides, Dani, to the living room.

The teen sits down on the couch, relieved that she is now in a more comfortable environment.

"Do you want me to make you something to eat?" Emily asks while sitting on the arm of the couch.

"I'm not really hungry," Daniela replies.

"Okay. I will let you rest here for a while but I need you to eat something in an hour. I don't want you to run on an empty stomach, okay?" she tells the girl.