Saturday BBQ

CHAPTER 7

Saturday arrives and Emily is accompanied by Dani in the car. They arrive at JJ's house where they can see the barbeque smoke coming out from the backyard.

Emily parks her car in the driveway and the two ladies get out of the car, walking to the door.

"Mmmm. I could smell the food from here," Dani said sniffing the air.

"Oh man, I cant wait to eat," she said, rubbing her hands.

Emily chuckles. She knocks on the door and they wait. Will opens the door and greets them with a smile.

"Why hello ladies. I'm glad you guys made it," he says.

"Come in. The rest are at the back," he says while gesturing to the guest to come in.

Emily and Dani greet Will with a hug and then go inside the house.

They get out through the back door and see Spencer and Garcia standing at the porch next to JJ, who is at the grill making sure the food won't burn.

Henry and Michael are in the back part of the yard playing.

The tech analyst notices Emily arriving with Dani. She waves at them and smiles.

"Hey, guys! We were waiting for you!" she said, receiving them with a hug. Spencer greets them with a smile as well as JJ.

"Hey, guys. Sorry to keep you all waiting," Emily said.

"It's alright," replied JJ.

"The food will be ready in a few minutes," she informed them. Daniela eyes the food on the grill and smiles, knowing that it will taste delicious.

"And plus, we always save the best for last," Garcia states.

"It wouldn't be fun without Daring Dani and our Badass Brunette," she says with a wink. Emily and Dani chuckle.

Emily, JJ, and Penelope were all having their conversation while Will, Spencer, and Dani were also talking.

"How is school, Dani?" Spencer asked.

"It's been going pretty well so far. My classes are pretty enjoyable." Dani replies.

"Any favorite subject?"

"Most definitely Guitar," Dani says with a smile.

"Ahhh, to have musical talent," said Will with a smile. "I'm pretty sure you already ahead of the rest of the class."

Daniela smiles.

"I'm not sure about that. There are four levels to that class starting from guitar 1 to advance guitar class. I was placed in level 2 so hopefully, by my junior year I will be at the advanced level."

"That sounds great. Hopefully, you give us the chance in hearing you rock some tunes," Will said while ruffling the girl's hair.

"Maybe one day," she replies.

"What do you think about math class?" Spencer asks with a brow raised. "I heard you are taking algebra 1."

"It's not my cup of tea," the girl admitted with a timid smile. "But I think I can handle it."

"Well, whenever you need help I'm up to it. Algebra is a breeze," he says with a smile. "And I might give you some answers." He says with a wink.

Dani's eyes open wide. "And I don't have to bribe you? That was easy," she said with a smirk.

"Bribing won't be necessary. I do it for fun," he told the teen.

"You will be passing that class with a breeze. I will make sure of that," he said with a wink.