Package Thief

CHAPTER 9

After a few hours, Dani was walking back home from Emma's house.

She stayed there with her friend talking and laughing about stuff that happened at school and at the party.

Emma was still very surprised by the way Dani handled the situation, claiming that she was both very intimidating yet calm at the same time which was very surprising, to say the least.

What happened last night was surely going to be a hot topic for school the next day.

After they hanged out for a while, Dani decided to leave once she checked the time. She didn't want Emily to start lunch without her.

The walk back home was surely going to work up her appetite.

After walking a few blocks, she arrives back home. She swipes her card at the building's main entrance and walks inside.

Daniela always loved entering the main lobby. It was large and spacious, with polished marbled floors and a cozy decorated.

Very nice and welcoming.

The main lobby was quiet and pretty much empty, with only a person or two entering and leaving the building. A normal sight inside the building.

Daniela decided to check the mailbox for any mail.

She was supposed to get it yesterday but forgot to check the mail yesterday since she arrived late last night.

She walks down the hallway where the mailboxes were and opens the box, revealing a few envelopes and a packet inside.

The girl takes out the mail and the package, wondering who's it was.

She reads the label, saying that it is for Mr. Adam Robinson, the neighbor that is on the main floor.

"They always get his address mixed up with ours," Dani mumbled.

It wasn't the first time that Mr. Robinson's package landed inside the wrong mailbox. Daniela assumed it was because his unit was A3 and Dani's unit was A13.

It's a common mistake that both she and Mr. Robinson was used to at this point.

"I'll just go give it to him. Hopefully, he is home," the girl told herself.

The teenager walks back to the main lobby and heads towards the other end of the hallway where Mr. Robinson's unit was in.

While walking, she is checking what else came in the mail. Most of it was in Emily's name, to be expected. Others were just a few junk mail.

The teenager wasn't paying attention to where she was going when all of a sudden she bumped into someone, causing her to drop the package and envelopes on the floor.

"Oh, shoots," the girl said when she saw the envelopes scattered on the floor.

She quickly kneels down and starts picking them up. She quickly glances at the person she bumped into. She noticed that it was a woman.

"I'm sorry, ma'am."

She finishes picking up the envelopes while the lady ducks down and picks up the package.