Bullying Can Be Brutal

Chapter 5

It has been four days since the team arrived in Boston in search of the serial murder on the loose.

While investigating, there were two more murders at a local lake. They had leads but still stumbled in finding out who it was due to their being no witnesses were at the scene.

"The last two murders were more sadistic. He stabbed both victims 12 times." Tara says with a frown while looking at the crime photos.

"He is becoming more disorganized. The way the last two kills that were executed shows that he is unable to control his anger any more." Reid states.

"We know he has no connection to the victims. All of them are just victims of opportunity," JJ says.

"It's about the environment. The unsub must have some sort of ritualistic motive or suffered some sort of trauma near a lake or body of water."

"I don't see anything that can point out to the killing being connected to ritual practices," Reid points out.

"So it can be a trauma that he suffered. The amount of rage shows that it is something that is accumulated over time."

"So that means that this trauma most likely happened during his childhood," Rossi chimes in.

"We said that the bag was his signature. What if he suffered some sort of torture that involved suffocation?"

"Garcia, search for any police records that involve crimes near lakes or streams in the state. It had to happen roughly thirty years ago," Emily says.

"It is surprising the number of crimes that happen in lakes, this is why I am an indoors person," the tech girl commented.

"I have a long list here. I need something else to lower it down."

"We said that the Unsub was tortured during his childhood," Alvez said.

"What if it was on a school trip or at a camp. Bullying can be pretty brutal."

Garcia starts typing down Luke's suggestion.

"The newbie agent is right. I see a lot of records in regards to bullying. Some of them are just awful. Thank goodness I'm out of school."

"Search for any schools or camps near a lake in search of similar records," Emily says.

"Yes, mam. I will get back to you guys in a few." Garcia tells them and hangs up.

The team starts gathering information in order to find out where the unsub will target next. They were all looking over files, with Reid leading the geographical profile.

While analyzing the crime board, Emily receives a phone call. She answers quickly without looking at the caller ID.

"Prentiss," she says with a dominant tone. A tone she would use in her line of work.

"Sheesh. You sound like a scary dictator," Dani replies on the other end of the line.

Emily gives a slight chuckle. Of course, Daniela would say that. She steps outside the office and talks to Dani in the hallway.

"Hey, honey. Sorry. I didn't see it was you. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Everything is fine. I just wanted to tell you that I am going to spend the night at Emma's," Dani told her.

"If you let me of course."

"Sure thing, as long as you don't get in any trouble."

"Ha. Trouble is my middle name," Dani replies.