Typical

Chapter 34

Benjamin Academy High School

Daniela sighs as she places her textbooks in her locker. Her day was going well until her science teacher decided to give a surprise test.

The girl was so not prepared for that.

To be fair, the whole class was caught by surprise. It wasn't the hardest test in the world but it wasn't the easiest either.

A heads-up would have been much appreciated.

The teenager knows she isn't academically gifted. She is not one of the blessed few who can learn school subjects on their first run.

She has always struggled when it came to her academics. Her grades averaged below average before she met Emily.

Of course, she was always told that this was a result due to her family's struggles. A child growing up in a broken home is not expected to excel academically.

But she always hated the fact that she was part of the statistics of at-risk kids.

If she were to continue with that route, she would most likely end up with the same fate as her only other living family member.

She refuses to be like him.

She doesn't even know him but she knows to stray away from his steps.

She finishes placing her books in her locker when she feels her phone buzz. She takes her phone out to see her most recent message.

Em💜:
Hi honey. I just wanted to get in touch with u. We are still busy with the case but I promise to call u soon.

Em💜:
I love u 🩷

The girl smiles to herself as she reads the texts. She knows the agent has only been out of town for a day but she can't help but miss her.

Ever since the incident that happened weeks ago, she has spent a good amount of her time with Emily.

The teenager knows that Emily still worries about her. She keeps her under close watch. It isn't annoying or bothersome to the girl.

She just hopes one day Emily will be at complete peace. That is the least she deserves.

She feels someone tap her shoulder. Daniela turns around and smiles as she sees Alexandra in front of her.

"Hey you," the new girl says with a smile.

"Sorry, I didn't want to startle you. I called your name out but I guess you didn't hear me," she continues.

"My bad. I was a little distracted that's all," Daniela apologetically replies.

"How's your day so far?" Dani asks as she closes her locker.

"It's been going well so far. Still trying to get the hang of things but I think I'll be in sync in no time."

"You?" Alexa asks as she leans against the metal lockers.

"I was doing well until my dear science teacher decided to give a surprise test," Daniela responds with a sigh.

"I'm sure you did great," Alexa assures her and Dani smiles in response.