A Day in The City

Chapter 40

Prentiss Household

The aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the air as Daniela bustled around her apartment, getting ready for the day.

Today's agenda involved taking Alexandra to the Botanic Garden to help her with her art project. Daniela was also planning to transform their trip into a mini DC tour, showcasing some of the city's most iconic landmarks.

Daniela also uses this homework trip as an excuse to wander around the city. DC has a lot to offer and the teenager has ample energy to explore around the city.

As she poured herself a cup of coffee, Emily emerged from her room, dressed professionally for work.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," Emily greeted Daniela with a warm smile.

"Morning, Em," Daniela mumbled, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Don't forget, we have our appointment with Ms. Jones this afternoon to discuss your adoption process," Emily reminded her.

"Oh, right. I almost forgot," Daniela admitted. "Thanks for reminding me."

"No problem. It's four o'clock in my office. If you think you are running late just let me know," the agent puts forth.

"Got it. I should be there on time, no problem."

"Okay. Are you sure you don't want me to take you and your friend to the garden? I'm sure I can squeeze in time," Emily offers.

"No need. I got the good old metro rail system taking us there. Besides, the great BAU Unit Chief can't be late to work," Daniela says with a smile.

"Alright then. I'll be on my way to work then. I'll see you at four," Emily said as she placed a quick peck on the crown of Daniela's head.

After breakfast, the doorbell rang, signaling Alexandra's arrival. Daniela grabbed her bag and together they headed out, catching the train towards the heart of the city.

The train journey was filled with animated chatter as Alexandra expressed her excitement about the day's adventure. Daniela pointed out interesting sights along the way, sharing fun facts about the city.

"This is the Smithsonian station," Daniela announced as the train screeched to a halt.

Emerging from the station, they found themselves surrounded by the scenery of the National Mall. The Washington Monument, a towering white obelisk, pierced the clear blue sky.

"Wow," Alexandra breathed, her eyes wide with awe. "This is amazing, Dani."

Daniela grinned, pleased with her friend's reaction.

"This is just the beginning," she said, gesturing towards the monument. "Get ready for a day filled with history and beautiful sights!"

Washington D.C

Both girls walk on the National Mall strip, making their way towards the Botanic Garden. Alexandra takes in the whole scenery, looking at all the buildings on the side of the strip.

Each building complements the historic aesthetic of the city. The trees reflect different shades of orange, giving the area an autumn warmth.

"I've never been in the central city before. This place is amazing," Alexa puts forth, walking alongside Daniela.

"This place can be pretty cool, especially with all the events that happen year-round," Dani shares.

"Most of the buildings here are Smithsonian museums. They are a collection of different types of museums that are free to go to."