The Dark Side

Chapter 4

"What are you guys laughing about?"

The team stops laughing abruptly and all give Emily an awkward smile.

Dani pauses, with a complete Poker Face. She turns around to face the brunette. She gives Emily a nervous smile, trying her best to play it off smoothly.

"Nothing," she said innocently.

"How is my favorite BAU Unit chief?" she asked nervously while scratching the back of her head.

"Nice try kid," Emily says while ruffling the girl's hair,

"Reid, what was the joke?" Emily asked, grabbing a chair sitting next to Dani.

"They were just talking about you and the power you have when it comes to repelling any male counterparts away from Dani," Reid says.

"With the Alpha dominance that you display, I can't say that they are wrong."

"Well, in that case, I will continue to display my dominance," Emily says looking at Dani.

"I don't think you can stop intimidating them, even if you tried," Dani mumbled.

The team started to laugh. Emily nudges Dani's shoulder playfully. In response, Dani sticks out her tongue. She loved messing with the agent.

"Wait a second. Is that a soda can?" Emily asked, eying the green beverage.

"What?" Dani said while slowly putting the can down.

"I don't know what you are talking about. I think you are tired and starting to see things."

"I am tired but not delusional. What is that thing you are hiding?" she asked with suspicion.

"It's umm..." Dani said while looking around.

"Oh... wait look at that. Someone wants me to go over there," the girl said while pointing at the hallway.

All the agents look up, trying to see who it is.

"Who?" Emily asked with confusion.

She was looking at the hallway but no one was there.

"Me!"

Dani quickly replies as she stood up as fast as she could and ran out of the lounge with her soda in hand. She broke free out of Emily's view.

The team all chuckles in response to the girl's quick thinking as Emily sits there in pure shock. Damn that girl knows how to get out of trouble alright.

She shakes her head and smiles, looking back up at her team.

"What can we say? She is as clever as a fox," JJ said while patting the brunette's shoulder.

"Clever indeed."

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

The team all went back to work in their respective areas. Garcia invited Daniela inside her cave of wonder.

The teen admired how colorful the woman's desk was. Filled with cool pens, colorful mini plushies, and all sorts of knick-knacks. Her whole desk had the name Garcia on it. Dani was glad to meet someone like her.

Garcia is one of a kind person who radiates love and positive energy. Dani wished she had half the energy Garcia has.

"How was the first week of High School?" Garcia asked.

She was typing out some documents but this task was a breeze for her.

"It's going pretty well. I'm just not sure about french though. Bribing Emily is pretty hard."