Fun Before Darkness

CHAPTER 14

"Now without further ado, I present to you, LOS AMIGOS DEL BARRIO!" The Friends From The Block.

Dani looks up at Antonio and he gives her a nod, telling her to start off. She starts to strum her classic guitar and starts up the beat of the first song.

After she strums the intro, the rest of the group joins in with her, Antonio with his acoustic guitar, Jose with his electric one, and Camila with her accordion.

They officially start the show. Antonio is the lead singer for the male side while Dani was second in vocals.

They always have a routine when choosing song genres to play. They study the crowd in order to know what type of songs to play, most of the songs in Spanish.

They started to play upbeat songs to get the crowd warmed up. After a few songs, they play more catchy songs in order to get the crowd dancing.

As the night goes on they played various music genres such from romantic love songs to duets. Always remembering to add in the songs requested by Richy.

In the end, they were singing sad breakup songs. This was done on purpose due to them knowing that half of the crowd would be drunk by now.

The people in the crowd who were drunk were singing along to the songs. They were holding a beer in one hand while singing in a heartbroken tone.

After they finish singing the last song for the night, the crowd fills them with cheers and applause. Dani loves the sensation of finishing a show.

It gave her a sense of accomplishment which always warmed her heart. It's been a while since she has felt this.

The group thanks the crowd and walks down the stage with a big smile on all of their faces.

After the group of friends finishes playing, the host of the party invites them to eat. He leads them to a table that is filled with different kinds of dishes.

The table has burgers, hotdogs, and a variation of steak. The smell of the food made Dani's mouth drool. She serves herself a burger and a steak.

When all four friends finish serving themselves food, they sit at an empty table at the back of the yard.

"Oh, man. This food is so good," Jose said while taking a bite of his burger.

"You can say that again," Antonio adds. "This steak is amazing."

"We really crushed it out there," Jose tells the group while pointing at the stage.

"Especially you, Dani. You haven't lost the magic touch."

"I will never lose the magic touch mi amigo," Dani tells him with a smile.

"I really enjoyed this. It was really fun."

"And this is just the beginning my friend," Camila chimes in the conversation.

She stands up and goes to a cooler that was next to the food table. She takes out four beers and brings them back to the table.

"The night is long my dear friends. We have to celebrate our successful concert."

Antonio takes out a bottle opener from his keychain and opens all four bottles. He hands a bottle to each friend at the table.

"We won't get in trouble because of this right?" Jose asks while pointing at the beer.

"You know, the whole drinking underage shit. That's kind of... well I don't know. Illegal."