Work and School

Chapter 2

Emily arrives at Quantico. She presses the buttons to the sixth floor and the elevator opens.

She steps inside as she quickly glances around, spotting a vividly dressed Penelope. She is greeted with a warm smile from Garcia.

"Well hello there, my very lovely lady. How are you doing?" Garcia asked, giving Emily a hug.

"I'm doing very well, thank you." Returning the hug.

They walk towards the lounge where they see JJ preparing a coffee.

"I see you are preparing your magical potion to help you get through today," says Garcia smiling.

"Yes, without this I don't think I could make it," pointing at her mug while leaning against the counter.

"You aren't the only one. Dani uses ice coffee to wake her up. That kid will end up having caffeine in her bloodstream." Emily says, shaking her head.

"It's just the life of a non-morning person. How is my sweet pumpkin by the way?" Garcia asked.

"She is doing pretty well. Today is her first day in high school." Emily told both ladies. "She wasn't fond of waking up early today."

"She isn't the only one," Penelope told her.

"Ooo, that sounds interesting. What school is she going to?" JJ asked, taking a sip of her coffee.

"It's obviously the best of the best for her. She deserves everything. Some private high school around here?" asked Garcia.

"Even though I did want her to attend a private school, Dani insisted on attending a public one. It's a really good school though. They have really good programs and it's nearby." Emily responds.

The truth is, she really wanted Dani to attend a private school. She even had a few choices in mind for her to go. However, Dani told her that it wasn't necessary for her to attend a private one.

She told Emily that she would feel more comfortable if she attended public school.

Emily understood this. Dani grew up in reduced circumstances. Moving in with Emily came in as a culture shock to her. A new environment that she was not used to living.

Emily knows Dani still isn't completely adjusted to her new way of living but Emily is willing to be patient to her. She wanted Dani to feel good and not pressured.

Emily believes that another reason why Dani doesn't want to attend a private school is due to the fact that Dani believes that she isn't worth being at that level.

The woman has tried to show her that Dani is worth a lot, but Dani doesn't feel that way. She hopes that one day Dani gives herself the self-worth that she needs.

"As long as she is happy in that school, everything will roll smoothly." Garcia states.

"I bet she already has a lot of boys looking to be near her," she says, giving Emily a wink.

"Oh God, please no," Emily says shaking her head.

"Please, I am dreading for that day to happen."

She did truly dread the day Dani walked inside the house presenting her boyfriend. No boy was ever going to be good enough for her daughter.

"Only a matter of time, mama bear," Garcia responds, nudging Emily's shoulder.

"You don't have to worry so much Em. Once the boys find out that Dani's mom is an FBI agent with a gun, they would most likely back out," JJ says with a chuckle.