The Welcoming

CHAPTER 16

Dani feels the strong force of his punch makes contact with her jaw.

She stumbles to the side, feeling her head heavier than usual. The drugs that put her to sleep are still affecting her correlation. 

The girl sits up slowly, moving her jaw carefully, and instantly tastes the metallic flavor of blood.

She woke up about two hours ago, with her at first not realizing the situation that she was in. She woke up feeling lightheaded and confused at the unknown area that she was in.

The girl could have sworn that it was some sort of dream at first until she realized that she was tied up with no escape.

It was in fact no dream. This was a nightmare.

But the worst part is that she couldn't wake up from this nightmare. She couldn't escape it because it was real.

That punch to her jaw just confirmed that all of this was real.

She smirks and spits out the blood in her mouth, looking at the man's eyes. His light blue eyes were looking at her with anger.

A type of anger that Dani has rarely seen.

And boy has she seen a lot.

"You know, punching your house guest isn't a good idea if you want to give a good first impression," she casually says, breaking the eerie silence in the cellar.

"But if I'm really frank with ya, I already had a pretty bad impression from you ever since you decided to kidnap me."

" I think you should improve your communication skills if you actually want to impress your guests."

"You're quite the jokester, aren't you?" He asks the girl, still at eye level with her.

"I can only do so much when I'm being held against my will," Dani replies back.

"I thought you would be more scared. I'm kind of disappointed," the man tells her.

He reaches out for the girl's chin and runs his thumb across the place where he just recently hit.

Dani pulls back, hating that the guy just touched her again.

"I'm sorry for the disappointment. Believe it or not, this has happened before. I don't think this phases me anymore," she tells him in a confident manner.

Though she sounds confident, in actuality she was dying of anxiety on the inside but is managing to put up a farce.

Where was she getting the courage from? The girl has absolutely no idea. She had no idea what this person wanted from her. All she knows is that he dragged her out here for a reason.

If he wanted to kill her, he could have done it when she was unconscious. It would have made it easy on him but he didn't take the chance to do so.

Dani knows he wants to hurt her. What scares her is that he wanted her to be awake for it. There are only a few reasons why he would do that.

Dani was afraid for the worst possible reason which is that he wants to kill her slowly.

And Dani did NOT want to die that way.

"I'm pretty sure you didn't bring me here for a tea party or something like that," she says as she moves her head in order to clean her bloody bottom lip with the hem of her shirt.

"So tell me. Why am I here?"

The man smirks, with Dani seeing how his eyes change from anger to some sort of amusement.