Family Visit

CHAPTER 22

11:17 am.

Emily reads the time on her phone, carefully making sure that she doesn't make too much noise in order to avoid waking up Daniela from her sleep.

The girl has been resting peacefully for the past few hours, to Emily's relief.

The woman was scared of the girl being plagued with nightmares or waking up because of physical discomfort but thankfully none of that happened. It was an overall peaceful night.

The agent also managed to sleep on a small couch that is in the corner of the room, her body desperately needed to rest.

However, she would wake up a few times throughout the night just to make sure that Dani was okay.

She feels well-rested yet her body is sore. A couple of hits she received now formed into bruises. It wasn't completely painful but she does feel slight discomfort in certain parts of her body.

She looks around the room, seeing the pale tanned walls around the room. The sun rays peering through the window blinds, giving the room a little more life.

The woman has never been fond of staying inside hospitals, mostly because she has been inside of hospital rooms far too many times. Her job is the main factor, either herself being the patient or one of her colleagues getting hurt.

She has been inside various hospitals from different states and even countries, but it doesn't matter where the hospital is and even if it's one of the most high-end hospitals in the nation.

She sees no difference in them. They are all dull and depressing.

Maybe she should have reconsidered her career choice. Hunting down serial killers is bound to land her in a hospital.

No. It's too late for that now.

The woman then feels her phone buzz, alerting her of a notification. She is now using her work phone since her personal one got destroyed back at the cellar.

Rossi made sure that the woman had a way of communication before he left. The only contacts she has now is her work colleagues.

She glances at her screen and sees that it is a message from her friend.

Penelope Garcia: Good morning, Em. The team and I will be arriving at the hospital in about 20 min. Take care :)

Emily smiles when reading the text. Penelope always manages to make her smile, even if she isn't there in person.

She responds to the text with an okay.

Emily is forever grateful for her team. They helped in saving her and Dani. This makes her forever indebted to them.

This team is very special in the agent's heart compared to other places she had worked. The BAU is more than just a branch in the FBI.

It is a team with elite profilers composed with a family connected with an unbreakable bond of love and friendship.

Emily has never felt the warmth of a family from her "real" one so having a sense of belonging into one is new to her.

She feels lucky to have the team because she finally knows what it means to belong to a true family. Not one of blood but one filled with unconditional love.