Chapter 2: The Meal

______________________________

"Thankyou, Clay."

"What for?"

"For making me feel loved."

_______________________________

Dream POV

Me and George took our coats off, hanging them up. We then walked into the dining room where we met my father. We shook hands, he doesn't really do hugs.

What surprised me is when he then hugged George. Not for long. But I could tell that was his way of showing he supported me. Even my mom gave an approving nod.

George looked overwhelmed so I asked if he wanted to step outside for a bit. He agreed. He looked so happy. I told him we could go see my old room if he wanted.

"You kept it the same all these years?"

"My parents didn't feel the need to change anything, so yeah. This is where seventeen year old me lived."

It was a large room with a bathroom aswell. It was sparsely decorated, a few posters and some records. I forgot I had a record player in here. I'm bringing that with us when we leave. There was a double bed in the far left corner and a shelving unit at the back wall. On the top shelves you could see all my football awards. There were alot. I smiled, reminiscing. George however was currently going through my surprisingly full wardrobe.

"Find anything interesting?"

"It all still smells like you."

"Is that a good thing?"

"If I tell you it is, will your ego inflate?"

"Most likely."

"Then no, you smell awful."

"George you're wearing one of my hoodies. Which reminds me, we are going shopping for clothes for you after this."

"But I like stealing yours."

"I know, but you're running out of underwear, George, and there's no way you'll fit in mine."

"True. Yes, okay. We'll go shopping. But I'm paying."

"Mmm sure."

"You've paid for everything so far. I'll keep having this argument until you let me."

"Fine.."

"I'm guessing you played a lot of football?"

"Team captain, baby."

"Oh, so you were one of those kids in high school."

"What's that meant to mean?"

He just giggled and pulled me in for a kiss. He tried to pull away but I only pulled him closer. He started smiling against my lips so I stopped, looking at him.

"Why are you smiling so much?"

"Because you make me happy."

"Good. Now, do you wanna go back downstairs or..?"

I nodded over to the bed suggestively.

"Not at your parents house are you insane??" He seemed appalled.

"I was joking, Georgie."

I wasn't. But I feel like he wouldn't be impressed if I told him that.

"Let's go downstairs."

He nodded and took my hand, leading me down the stairs again. We were met by my parents and my sister again who had set up the table. The food looked amazing. George seemed to agree because he was telling my mom about how much he loved it and how welcomed he felt.

I'm not entirely sure why he thinks he needs to please everyone, but he seemed to be happy doing it so I just let him. The meal itself was great but we watched a film after and George was talking to Drista the whole time. I really want to know what they were talking about but I couldn't hear them because my mom spent the entire time firing questions at me. This consisted of, "How did you meet?" and "Where was your first date?" and "Do you love him?".

Of course I loved him. We met through the beauty of coding. For the last one, I'm not too sure. I haven't had chance to take George on a proper date, maybe I would.

He was laughing with my sister currently, and he'd occasionally look at me and throw me a cheesy smile. He was so fucking adorable.

When it was time to leave, I told George to say his goodbyes and went to go retrieve that record player from earlier. I grabbed my box of records as well, stacking them to i could carry them. I shouted downstairs for my sister to go open the back door of the car and she did. I causally walked downstairs with my pile of belongings and shuffled out the door, pushing it all into the back of the car. Everyone else just stood in shock.

"What? I wanted the record player."

"Okay, Clay. When are you coming back?" My mom asked.

"Soon mom, really soon. I promise."

"Soon as in Christmas? It's not that far way. And we'd love to see you both again."

"Yes mom, I'll visit for Christmas."

"Good good. I love you Clay. And you George. You really are a lovely boy." She said, nodding. I rolled my eyes and George looked at me blushing.

"Thankyou for saying that, it means alot. And thankyou for having me."

"Anytime."

We got in the car finally, waving our last goodbyes, then we were off to the nearest shopping complex. I knew exactly where we going and I knew George wasn't going to like it.

--

We were in the first shop, scanning the shelves, when I felt a tug on my hoodie. It turned to look at George and he looked really annoyed.

"This is so fucking expensive! Can we please go to a different shop??"

"We can if you want, but tell me you don't like the clothes. If its because you don't like the clothes and not because of the price then we can go to a different place."

"Of course I like the clothes but I can't spend this much money."

"Then take mine. George please let me pay."

"Noo... Why do you always want to spend money on me?"

"To show you that I love you."

"I know you love me, Clay. You don't have to buy my love."

He took my face in his hands and brought his lips to mine.

"Now please can we go to another store?"

"Can I buy you one thing?"

"One thing."

"Can I buy you this dress?"

It was a pretty dress. Even he couldn't deny it. It was blue and elegant and I knew it would look good on him. He was blushing like crazy and I was hoping he'd say yes.

"Oh shut up..."

_______________________________

1086 Words

Hey there, I'm curious so...

Predictions for the ending?

Happy or sad?

Either what you think, or what you want it to be:)

I have the plan already so I'm not going to change it, I just want to know:D