Chapter 23: It Made Me Sick

___________________________

Fucking idiot

I love him though.

___________________________

Dream POV

I sent George another letter.

That should clear some things up.

I've finalised some unsure thoughts we both seemed to be having. Like if he should wait for me. If he should feel guilty for being with another guy. I wrote no but I wanted to scream yes. Yes he should feel guilty. He's mine.

George POV

Another letter. Oh god.

"My dearest George,

My best friend,
My forever love,
My brown eyed baby boy,

I'm sorry for the soppyiness. I miss you. I want to tell you that you should feel guilty for being with another guy but I can't. You are and will always be the only boy I could ever truly love, but if you don't feel the same way, I can't force my feelings upon you.

Like I said, love who you want. You deserve to be loved, George. I can't do that right now. My love doesn't consist of anything more than a few words on a piece of paper. I wish it could be more.

It's almost Christmas again. Please tell me you're spending it with Nick, you both deserve to have a happy Christmas. Like you told me, George. Just because someone's gone doesn't mean life has to stop. Life is worth more than the value of the other people in it. You live your life. You are the main character of your own story.

Don't let this chapter be a dark one. Let it be one filled with hope and love from others. You deserve to be loved. God, George, you deserve to be fucking worshipped. And I'll keep saying that. You need to hear it.

Only 3 years 2 months and 19 days to go.

I will see you again.

Love forever, Clay.

How do I move on when he treats me like this?

I'll never find someone that loves me like Clay does.

Is that a good thing? His love was dangerous.

He killed for our love.

Is that love?

It's an obsessive love, that's for sure.

But it's love nonetheless. I miss him so much. I miss dancing with him. I miss sleeping with him, he would hold me so close and I'd never have nightmares with him. He made me feel safe, protected.

I don't feel that sense of security with anyone else.

I decided to write back.

Dear Dream,

I am spending Christmas with Nick, yes. Now I regret not spending last Christmas with you.

Maybe it could've been different. Maybe everything would've been different.

If I could see you, then your love would be more than words. I'd get to talk to you. I'd get to hear you. That's what I want. That's what I need.

But until you change your mind about visiting,

3 years 2 months and 18 days