Chapter 4: Date Night 2.0

_________________________________

He pulled me closer to him and I rested my head on his shoulder. Why couldn't some things last forever?

_________________________________

Dreams POV

We returned to the house cold and tired. I immediately started stripping, my intentions were to go in the shower but George raised his eyebrows at me, suggestively.

"George, I'm going in the shower."

"Okay, okay."

"You're going home in a week."

"Yeah, I know."

"I know you have to, but I really don't want you to go."

"We have a whole week more, baby. I'm not going anywhere yet."

"I know, I know."

"Go shower, I'll wait."

"Can you not come in with me?"

"I'm trying on that stupid dress. I'll show you when you get out."

I immediately imagined him in the dress, and a grin spread across my face. I couldn't help it. I knew he'd look good.

"I'm going to shower in the spare room then, so you don't have to worry about me walking in on you before you're ready."

"Okay, have fun."

"You're going to look so good, George."

"Oh shut up, go away."

He rolled his eyes, giggling, then shoved me out the room. He smirked as he closed the door on me. I slowly made my way into the spare room, it had been pretty much empty for weeks. With no Sapnap, I had no other use for it. I decided to shower quite quickly because I had a plan. 

I was drying my hair when I heard a crash. 

"George? Are you alright?"

"Yes, yes I'm fine, don't worry."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'll be done in like five minutes."

"Okay, okay. I'll be downstairs."

I left and changed into my suit. I rarely ever wear a suit so this was weird. I had one made a couple months ago just in case and I hadn't worn it yet. I then went to go retrieve my record player from the car. I'm so glad I got it. I didn't plan to use it this soon but I think it'll set the mood rather nicely.

After getting it all set up downstairs, I then went back for the box of records. I was sifting through them remembering that I didn't want to play the one from the boat because I'm not sure I wanted to remind George of any of that. I found one that I think would be fitting.

I heard a faint, "Clay?"

"Yeah?" My heart was beating out my chest.

"I look stupid."

"Show me." I couldn't breathe.

"I can't..."

"George, show me." I was so excited.

I heard faint footsteps and then I saw socks at the top of the stairs. I saw a pale hand trace down the hand rail and a blue hem came into view. More of the dress appeared as the hand moved lower down and slowly but surely, George's bright red face followed. He looked amazing.

The dress was a navy blue and it complimented his skin tone immensely. It had a lace overlay and laced sleeves. He looked gorgeous.

I set the song to play and George stopped halfway down the stairs, covering his face with his hands. My eyes didn't turn away once. I slowly walked up to George and held a hand out. He peeped through his fingers and shook his head.