Chapter 8: Yes, That's Me

______________________________________

"If I truly can't stop you then yes, I'll drive you. I'd rather you be safe for as long as possible."

"Thank you. I love you."

"I love you too, George."

______________________________________

George POV

I woke up and my sister was already making breakfast. She had also already loaded my bags in the car. She smiled at me when she saw me creep down the stairs. We ate in a comfortable silence and the rest of the morning was quiet, quick. We were in the car before I'd even registered that I was awake.

We were at the airport before I had said more than a sentence.

The goodbye was quick, my sister didn't like crying in public so she left quite quickly. We said our goodbyes, hugged, then that was it.

And now I was alone. Again. On the same flight. This time I wasn't as nervous. I wasn't as clueless. I knew what I was doing. Where I was going. Who I was seeing. To think I didn't know what he looked like six weeks ago. Now I can visualise every part of him just by closing my eyes. I love it all. I love the feeling. Emotional and the physical.

Clay has this kind of effect on me. It's like constantly having too much oxygen. My lungs just constantly fill. My heart is beating faster and faster by the minute.  It's exhilarating.

I decided to sleep on the flight, Clay insisted on buying me a business class seat so I was comfortable. I told him not to, but he convinced me otherwise.

It was a safe, fast flight. No turbulence. Easy passengers. No disruption at all. I'd text Clay telling him I was boarding before but he hadn't replied. I wasn't worried. I'd just call him when I got there.

---

The plane arrived and I was awoken by the stewardess. I thanked her and got up, collecting my hand held luggage. Baggage claim took longer than it would usually and I was pretty tired. After finally retrieving my bags,  I walked towards the exit, rememebering I needed to call Clay. And I was going to, when I suddenly felt a vibration coming from my pocket. My phone was ringing, and it was probably Clay, but I took this time to notice the unusual amount of police officers. What the hell? One of them approached me and asked me, "Are you George Henry Davidson?"

How does he know my name? More importantly, why?

"Y-yes, that's me."

Had they found out about the car? What do I do? Where's Clay??

"I'm going to need you to come with me. These officers will take your bags. You aren't being arrested but we would like to take you in for questioning."

"O-okay."

I couldn't say no. He noticed my phone ringing and nodded at it.

"And I wouldn't answer your phone right now, either. This is important."

But I needed to hear Clay right now. I needed to know this wasn't a nightmare. I needed to know it would be okay. But I couldn't do that. Instead, I just agreed.

"Yes, sure. Of course."

I put my phone on silent. Oh god. Oh dear.

Dream POV

George wasn't picking up. I'd been at the fucking police station all morning. It's only 11am but George landed twenty minutes ago and I missed him. They've taken him straight from the airport. They were going to tell him. They were going to tell him everything.