Chapter 34: Welcome Home, Brother

_______________________________

"...I'll talk to him. I'll see him. Anything to make George happy."

"Do you love him?"

"I never stopped."

_______________________________

December 27th 2024

Dream POV

I slept for so long the first day. It was already well into the 26th by the time we eventually went to sleep and I completely forgot about Christmas. So, when I woke up late yesterday, I decided to buy Nick a present. I bought him a new monitor, I knew he needed it. I sent it to his house, not here. He doesn't need it here. Obviously. God, I need to stop talking.

I have a lot of money. Now, that wouldn't be important if I knew I could stream again. I can't. Everyone found out about the whole situation. That then lead to my mugshot being found and my face being revealed to the world. I thought I'd care more. But I'm just really upset it had to happen in such a way.

But, because its been so long, no one really cares anymore. Everything moves so fast, it was old news a month after it was found out.

Nick told me last night about how all my friends didn't excuse my actions but they did defend me in saying I did it with reason and that I wasn't an awful person. Some friends just didn't speak of me again at all. The day the world found out, was the day the fan base divided.

I don't go on any social media's and I steer clear of any messages I have gotten.

My sister has text me every day since I went in. They started off long and lengthy but now they're just simple, 'I missed you's. My one for today was, "I hope you're okay."

She's eighteen now.

I'm twenty five.

Time didn't seem to occur in prison so it's taken me a while to come to this conclusion.

George is twenty eight.

Nick is twenty three.

Time really fucking flies.

I missed all those birthdays and all those Christmas's. I missed my sisters eighteenth birthday. We'd made plans for what we'd do for it when we were kids. God, I feel awful.

Nick was showering currently, he had resumed his place in the guest bedroom, and I was eating breakfast.

I was so close to dialling George's number, but I refrained.

Instead, I decided I was going to see my parents today. I didn't know how they reacted to me leaving. I didn't know how they were going to react to me coming back.

But I needed to see them.

Nick was coming with me. Moral support.

He told me that my mom would come every month or so and clean the house. That's why everywhere apart from my room was clean. Not that the house needed cleaning, it was practically untouched.

I was excited yet so, so scared. I wanted them to still accept me as their son but I'd also completely understand if they didn't. That was the extreme situation but I wanted to be emotionally prepared.

My mom and dad were always for 'being the bigger person' and 'doing what's right.'

Family is the most important thing and I threw that away with one stupid decision. I lost everything.

---

We were stood in the driveway when the front door opened. She saw Nick first and smiled, but it slowly faded when she saw me.