Chapter 33: I'm Out

____________________________

"George? Will you...?"

"One."

____________________________

December 25th 2024

Dream's POV

I'm out. Well, I'm being escorted out. People were cheering me on, celebrating the fact I was leaving them; that's very much a good thing.

I was given my items and the clothes I originally came here in. That was so long ago now. They don't fit.

They found some larger clothes in the baggage area that people never collected. They were a little too large but I'd rather they be large than way too small.

I was walked out the building and then set free. No handcuffs. No guards. I currently did not have a ride, though, and my phone was also dead.

I had to awkwardly walk back in and ask to borrow a phone. Unsurprisingly, they were hesitant. I was tempted to remind them I was in for assisted murder and not robbery. But I kept my cool, and asked them if they had a charger for my phone. Then at least all they could potentially lose was a $3 charger.

I paced the floor as my phone charged. I only needed enough to call an uber. I didn't know who'd be crazy enough to come pick someone up from a prison, but there's bound to be someone.

Twenty minutes later I'm in a car on my way home.

The driver really had the audacity to look me up and down and ask, "What were you in for?"

"Speeding."

He nodded and turned his eyes back to the road. I wasn't going to tell him the truth, that would be stupid.

The ride was long and expensive but soon, I was back home. It looked the exact same, just emptier.

I grabbed my keys from my pocket and fumbled a little, trying to unlock the door. I was shaking. This was all so surreal. I'm out. I'm actually out.

I immediately went upstairs to my room. I saw that clothes everywhere and most of them were George's. Most of my clothes were gone, actually. But I was glad George's hoodies were here. They still smelt like him. After all this time.

I also noticed that the whole of the downstairs was clean and the pool was empty. Someone's been here. They've been everywhere apart from my room.

Sapnap POV

So I just got a phone call.

Clay's out. I'm his emergency contact.

He's been out since this morning and it's now 5pm. He's home by now, right?

That's if he went home.

He's out of prison. If he didn't tell me, he didn't tell George. Oh god.

George.

George and Daniel.

I'm flying over.

I called him. I'd done this before, I just knew he wouldn't pick up then. Now, I had a glimmer of hope. There was a small possibility I could hear my best friend for the first time in years. Three years.

It went through.

He picked up.

Silence.

"Clay?"

"Nick."

"You're out?? Are you at home?? Where are you?? Can I see you? Have you talked to George? What was it like? Are you okay-"