Chapter 26: Christmas... Again

___________________________

Now I can't see him. No one can. He's not accepting help. What's he going to be like when he come out?

___________________________

George POV

It was the 25th today and Nick and I were spending Christmas at my sisters. All we had to remember to bring, was the turkey. We'd already set off but I still wanted to check one last time.

"Do you have it?"

"Do I have what?"

My heart dropped.

"I'm just joking, George. Yeah, I have the turkey."

"Don't do that!!"

"It was funny."

"Look, I know we're going to my sisters and you think she's attractive and all that..."

"Yep. All that."

"Don't try flirt with her. I will either cry or throw up. No in between."

"Note taken. I won't flirt with your sister. I promise."

"Okay, good. Glad we got that over and done with."

------

As soon as the car stopped, my sister appeared out her front door.

Nick got really excited and bolted out the car shouting,"Hey, I missed you!" and he immediately went in for a hug.

I actually, physically, face palmed. She smiled and hugged Nick back. That was painful to watch.

"Hey Georgie, welcome back! Merry Christmas!!"

"Merry Christmas!"

"Come in, come in."

"Nick, grab the turkey."

"Oh, yeah. Right. On it."

He brought it in the house and my sister took it from him to prepare it.

As soon as she left the room I hit Nick and he stared at me.

"What was that?"

"That wasn't flirting, okay? That was me seeing a friend for the first time in a while."

"Yeah. A friend."

"Yes. A...friend."

I patted him on the back and he hung his head, pouting his lip, jokingly. I went to the kitchen to help my sister with cooking.

"Hey, George."

"Hey."

"How are you?"

"I'm good, thank you. How are you?"

"I'd be great if you weren't lying to me. I know you aren't okay. Nick tells me the limited amount of information you give him. I get small portions of how you're feeling off him because you'd never tell me yourself."

"I'm sorry I just...I find it hard, okay?"

"I know you do. But it does get easier the more honest you are. I promise."

"Mmmhmmm..."

"So, how are you, George?"

"I'm hurting."

"Why?"

"Because you were right. We weren't good for each other. We weren't in love, we were just being stupid."