Chapter 9: The Accusations

____________________________________

I could barely write. My hands were shaking. My palms were sweaty. Oh god, Clay. What have you done?

____________________________________

Dream POV

There he was. He was finally walking out. No cuffs. But he also wasn't smiling. Not a good sign.

I rushed over to him and hugged him. He hugged me back and I could feel he was crying. We hadn't seen each other in a week and this was the unfortunate way we were reunited.

I tried to reach down and grabbed his bags. He didn't let me go

"Come on, Georgie. Let's go home."

He shook his head against me.

I sighed. "Please don't fight me on this, George. Let me explain."

"How do you explain that..?" He sounded choked.

I shushed him and kissed his forehead.

"I'll try."

I pretty much dragged him into the car and threw his bags in the back. Speaking from a logical perspective, we couldn't stand in front of the police station and have this conversation.

We had twenty minutes worth of driving to do. It was going to be another silent ride I can tell. We'd had a lot of those. This one was definitely was the worse.

He didn't look at me the whole drive home. This was fine. I could fix this. We could fix this.

We always do.

We got to the house, he took the keys and immediately got out, storming to the front door. I grabbed his bags and trailed behind him.

As soon as I closed the front door he ran up to me and started hitting me. Not in a way I was actually being hurt, just in a way that he was visualising his inner hurt to me. He had his ball in a fist and was crying into my chest.

"How could you do that??"

Hit.

"Why would you do that??"

Hit.

"He's fucking dead, Clay."

Hit.

"What have you done??"

Sob.

He cried. I held him. We collapsed to the floor and he just cried. He cried and he cried. I cried with him. Not because I regret what I've done, no, no. Because I hate seeing George so upset.

"George..."

"Don't talk."

"But I need to explain."

"The photos I just saw were pretty self explanatory."

He peeled himself away from my chest and pushed me off him. He stood up and walked backwards, away from me.

"I didn't do it."

"Oh, you didn't do it? Then who the fuck did? You burnt that car. We burnt that car, Clay. Did you know that he was in there?"

"Yes."

"Was he alive.. when we... Oh god."

George was hyperventilating now.

"No, he wasn't. George you need to calm down. You need to breathe."

"DON'T FUCKING TELL ME TO CALM DOWN RIGHT NOW!"