Chapter 22: Streaming..

____________________________________

I saw the name of the donation and my heart skipped a beat. It couldn't be, but I still got scared.

Dream donated $20
I love you
____________________________________

George POV

"Haha, very funny, chat. But that couldn't be Dream. He's very busy right now. He's not even watching the stream!"

The chat flooded with "we miss him" and "where is he?" and "dnf support".

I had to tell them. Not everything. Just that we aren't together anymore.

"Guys I actually have to tell you something."

I sighed. I got a message on discord.

Sapnap: you don't have to tell them

George: But, yes I do. That'll make it final.

"Me and Dream aren't together anymore. There's nothing bad between us, though, he just won't be streaming for a while."

My voice broke. I turned my face cam off. I'd said it. We weren't just over to us, anymore. We were over to the world.

Quackity and Karl paused. They tried to carry the stream but I ended soon after the announcement.

They stayed in the call with me, trying to keep conversation.

I couldn't focus on any of what they were saying right now so I told them I was going to bed. Even though it was 3pm.

I was getting message after message offering support and love. I didn't care. It was all so real now. Why the fuck was dnf trending? We were over.

I keep seeing the photo from our ice skating date and the ones we took in the mirror. They are the only two I ever showed the world. They'll never know how happy we were. They'll never know the full story.

We went through so much.

Why'd it have to end like that?

Like this.

I didn't even know how to organise anything I was feeling. I was numb.

Nick called me.

"George? Are you okay?"

"Stupid question."

"True. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for shouting at you. I didn't mean any of it. I left on impulse. I should've stayed. Then I could be there for you now. I'm so sorry, George."

"It's okay. I'm okay."

"Are you sure?"

"No."

"How do you feel?"

"I don't feel anything."

"Oh, George... Look. I could call your sister, get her to come round to you?"

"No, thank you. I don't want her to worry. Nick, I'll be alright. I've already admitted it to myself, I just didn't realise how hard it was to admit to the world."

"The world loves you George. We all do."

"The world isn't fucking showing it."

"I know. It'll get better."

"Hmm. Yeah. Haven't heard that one before."

"Once you hit rock bottom, the only way is up."

"That's the cringiest thing I've ever heard you say and I've heard you say a lot of cringy things."