Chapter 36: New Years Day. 2025

__________________________

"Hey, George."

His smile faded and his facial expressions turned sour.

"Clay?"
__________________________

Dreams POV

He looked me up and down. He looked angry. He looked scared.

"i- george I didn't..."

He lowered his head and I noticed his hands were starting to shake. His breath was staggered and his eyes were filling.

"You left me."

He paused and looked up at me.

"You left me when I needed you the most"

"You..you.." George sunk to the floor.

"George, I still love you. I'll always love you."

"That doesn't mean anything to me anymore." his voice was cold.

"You loved me once, George. What will it take for you to love me again?"

"A fucking miracle."

George wiped his eyes and turned around, he didn't want to face me. I didn't blame him. I stepped in and just waited. I closed the door. I didn't want to go near George. I didn't know if he was comfortable.

There was a knock at the door.

"Who's that?"

"It'll be Daniel. My..." he paused.

"George...?"

I don't know if I want him to finish that sentence.

"...fiancé..."

He turned away once again I shook my head.

"your w-what...?"

He flashed me a ring on his left hand and went to open the door.

My heart shattered. Oh god. Oh no.

"Hey, baby." Daniel shuffled through the door. George stood silently. He turned and saw me.

"What the fuck, who are you?"

"That's Clay." George looked to the floor.

"No it's fucking not. Wow, you've changed. Prison does tend to change a man, huh? Get the fuck out of my house."

George tried to say something but was immediately quietened by Daniel. Why's George letting him do that? Speak up, George. I'll listen.

"I said, get the fuck out."

"I'll leave when George tells me to." I look at George and he stared back, anxiously.

Risky move, Clay.

He looked at George. "What? Tell him to go George. I'll call the police."

George said nothing. He just looked down.

"They wouldn't arrest me. I've done nothing wrong." I said.

"George?? Tell this lunatic to leave our house. Now."

"N-no..."

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN NO??? THIS MAN IS A MURDERER AND YOU'RE TELLING ME NO???"

"Stop shouting... Please..."

"You know what, fuck you." he shouted at George and then continued to rush at me, arms swinging.

Why did he use such harsh words? And against someone so innocent; his own fiancé. That hurt to say.