Chapter 38: Just Wake Up

________________________________

"I love you, George."

"I loved you, Clay."

_________________________________

Dream POV

"Loved?"

"Yes. Loved."

"You didn't just come to America with someone that you loved. As in past tense? Are you in denial?" I laughed at him.

"I'm not in America, silly." Now he was laughing at me.

He what?

"George...? Are you okay?"

"We're still in England, Clay. You're in intensive care."

"What do you mean? George, you're here, with me. Nick's coming to pick us up-"

"We never left England."

"What?"

"You remember the first time? When it all went black? You really thought it was a good idea to keep driving."

He sighed.

"Do you remember the second time? You lost control again. We never made it to the car park, Clay."

"No, no, no. George..."

I started backing away.

"I'm not here. I'm not real. You're in a hospital. You're in England. You need to wake up."

"No, no, no..." my head was spinning. All the people were fading. The ground was breaking. Where am I?

"It was too fast. It was too loud. This would've all been perfect-"

"It is perfect, George. Stop talking."

"It's not. You're dreaming. This isn't real. You really think I could love you after all this time?"

He pushed me. I stumbled a little.

"Stop it. Stop it."

He pushed me again. I tugged at my hair, wanting it to stop.

"Wake up, Clay. WAKE UP."

I fell.

And I kept falling.

Until I hit something really fucking hard...

---

Sapnap POV

They called. They fucking called.

Clay's awake.

Its been two weeks since the accident. We know how it happened. It was an unfortunate collision. Clay was driving well, it wasn't his fault. There was a drunk on the road and he rammed into them just before they pulled off the cliffside. He was arrested and George and Clay were both taken to hospital.

Daniels also been arrested. For assault. We saw the bruises on George's body and his neighbours had been reporting a lot of angry screaming and fighting.

They'd both been unconscious since. Neither showed signs of beginning to wake up.

Until today.

Clay's awake.

George... Still pretty much unresponsive.

I almost lost hope, but I convinced myself I wouldn't lose them both. Not again.

I flew over to England immediately after George's sister called me.

Drista came with me. I didn't know if I could do it alone.