Chapter 29: New Years (Going Into 2022)

----------------------------------------
I'll put this at the top of every chapter it correlates to.

George - anything he says/thinks or that happens on his end, this is what it'll look like.

Dream: Anything he says/thinks or that happens on his end, this is what it'll look like

This is because I'm switching between the twos POV fast and often but I promise it won't be too confusing.
----------------------------------------

____________________________

I ate a little but I'd lost my appetite. So, I ran upstairs and climbed into bed. I'll deal with all of this later.

____________________________

It was New Years Eve. The 31st of December.

Daniel was on his way round. It was 10 pm already. I'd spent most of the day in bed or lounging around, ignoring the discord chat. I said I'd deal with it, but I simply just don't want to, so I won't. I went downstairs and ate a little bit of something, not too much though, because I knew we'd be ordering food in. I sat and contemplated my outfit choices for the night, do I go full out?

---

We were in our cells. Yeah, it was New Years eve but nothings changed. Why would it? The guards did count down for the New Year, but that was about it. By then, I will have done just over ten months. Ten months without George. Ten months without anyone. It's not completely awful, though. I've made a few friends. We talk about a lot, surprisingly. They know nothing about me and I know nothing about them so we always have stories to tell. Some of the older guys can talk for hours about what's been happening and what they've done. It's so interesting. I know why and how half the people ended up in here and the other half don't stay long enough to open up about it. I mean, good for them. They get out. They see daylight. They are free.

I feel like a literal fucking animal. But I'm on my best behaviour because if I do everything I'm told and I act like I don't want to kill everyone and everything in here, then I can get out two months early on good behaviour. I'd be out for Christmas 2024. December 25th.

---

I'd finally convinced myself into putting on a dangerous outfit. I put tights and a skirt on. I felt good today. I wanted to look it. I did my eyeliner and I painted my nails. Not very well considering I've never done it before. I put a tight, cropped shirt on and admired myself in the mirror. I looked good. Good job me.

A knock at the door made my heart race. Daniel's never seen me in this sort of clothing. I never had the confidence to wear it before Clay.

I ran to open the door and my heart shattered when he frowned at my outfit.

"George, what the fuck are you wearing?"

He was laughing at me.

"I thought it looked good."

"Right. I mean it's...different?"

I bowed my head and let him in.

"I'm going to go change. Give me like ten minutes."

"Okay, but before you go, where do you want me to put these drinks?"

"Just put them on the counter. It doesn't really matter."

He was so oblivious to how much this had hurt me.

----

I wonder what George is doing right now. Is he streaming? Who's he with? Is he okay? Is he happy?