Chapter 5: Going Away

________________________________________

I got out and dried myself. I threw on some of my new clothes and climbed into bed. I loved that it smelt like him. Wrapping myself up in the covers, I sighed. I'm so fucking happy. Here. With him.

_________________________________________

The last week flew by and before I knew it, I was packing my stuff, readying to leave. Clay was helping me but I could tell he wasn't happy about this. He knew it was necessary and he knows I can't stay with him forever, no matter how much I wanted to. I stopped packing and hugged him from behind.

"I don't want you to go.."

"I know."

He turned and pulled me in, wrapping his arms around me in a way you'd think he wouldn't let go. But he did. And it hurt. I zipped my bags up and brought them downstairs, piling them up at the front door. God, this was more difficult then I thought. He slowly joined me downstairs and sighed. He grabbed his keys and unlocked the door, grabbing my bags and shuffling to the car.

He turned back to me, he had his bottom lip out and was scraping his feet on the floor.

"Stop you're making me feel bad."

"Good. I don't want you to go."

I kissed him and smiled.

"You know I have to."

"I know but it still hurts."

"Come on, I don't want to miss my flight."

He begrudgingly opened the passenger door and I kissed him on the cheek and jumped in. I was going to stay positive for as long as possible.

I'd be coming back.

The drive was longer than I anticipated, there was alot traffic. It wasn't awkward. It was just quiet. He was so quiet.

"Clay?"

"Yeah?"

"Will you be okay?"

"Yes."

"I can still call you everyday. I can facetime you. I'm not gone gone. I'm coming back."

"I know."

"Then why are you so quiet?"

"Calling isn't the same as hugging, George. Your voice isn't going to fix my inability to kiss you. I need you."

I wanted to cry. We'd become so dependant on each other. But I feel like this would be good. Good for both of us.

"I know. But it's only for a week. One week. I'll be right back. Then you can have me forever."

"Forever?"

"If forever is until I have to go back to England then, yes. Our forever is as long as possible."

"As long as possible.." he thought it over.

I reached for his hand and he held it as we turned into the airport car park, yet again.

The next time we spoke was at the terminal. Neither of us wanted to say anything because we knew it would have to be goodbye.

I kissed him repeatedly, only stopping to hug him desperately. I didn't want to let go. So I didn't. They were calling my plane to board, but I still didn't let go. He had to peel my arms off him, he was tearing up a little. He kissed me one last time then whispered, "I miss you already."

I nodded, almost crying.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

I turned and walked away. The further I got the colder it seemed. He was my warmth. He was my everything. After this flight, my everything will be on the other side of the world.

I looked back one last time and he was running at me. He'd taken his hoodie off and he quickly handed it to me.

"Wear it, please?"

"I won't take it off."

We shared one final kiss, then I was ushered into the boarding area.

This was it. This was actually happening. I was leaving. The last couple weeks had been blissful. Now it was all being torn away. But it's Christmas and my sister needs me. For her.

----

The flight was long and the taxi, from the airport to my sister's house, felt even longer. But this would all be worth it.

When I eventually knocked on her front door, she opened it with a grin spread across her face. She brought me in for a massive hug and it felt good.

"Hey, George. Welcome to my humble abode."

"I missed you."

"Me too, George. Me too." She reiterated.

It was Christmas day tomorrow, so today we ordered in food. We were laughing and drinking, only beer, and the overall atmosphere was warm and loving. It was late night here but it was early morning when I left Clay. I miss him already.

I told my sister all about him. She listened eagerly, asking questions. I didn't mention the stab wound or the black mail because I knew she'd tell me to break it off. I also didn't mention we got together like four days after I broke up with Daniel. That information wasn't needed. I just had to come up with a really good cover story on why I stayed five weeks more than I originally intended to. 

I did, however, show her the pictures we took when we were ice skating. I also ended up telling her about the dress, only the slow dancing though, nothing else. There were some lines that just didn't need to be crossed.

She showed me to the guest room after I said I was tired and I went to look at my phone to set an alarm. Clay had called me four times. And text me another thirty.

He just wanted to know if I'd arrived alright and I got home okay.

I set my alarm and immediately rung him. He picked up instantly.

"George?"

"Hey!"

"Did you get there okay?"

"Yes, I'm safe. I got here about an hour ago and I'm about to go to sleep to help get rid of jet lag."

"Okay, okay. I just wanted to know you were alright, that was all."

"I'm fine, Clay."

"I know that now."

"How are you, baby?"

"Lonely. The house is so empty now. Are you wearing my hoodie?"

"I am indeed. It's very comfy. And it smells like you too."

"Good, now go to sleep. I love you and call me when you can."

"I love you too. Goodnight Clay."

"Goodnight Georgie."

Dream POV

As soon as George ended the call I crawled back into bed, lights off, door shut. Everything was so dark now George was gone. It was so cold and so, so lonely. I missed him so much. I miss being able to hold him. I miss being able to turn around and he be there. I miss hearing his laugh and I miss seeing his smile. This week was going to be so fucking hard. But it was only a week. He'll be back. Soon.

________________________________

1138 Words

How was this chapter?

How are you? :)

vote?:3