Chapter 24: A Teddy Bear

__________________________

"That's love for you. You do still love him, don't you George?"

"I'll always love him."

I sighed.

"But I need to stop."

__________________________

George POV

I got text after text from Daniel.

To be fair, he'd done nothing wrong. We fucked and I regretted it. That's not his fault. That's completely on me.

It'd been a week since then. I had daily calls with Nick and I had a walk every now and then. I even streamed on Wednesday, which went quite well.

He text me this morning asking me how I was and what I was doing. He'd done that every morning. Even though I didn't reply.

So, I called him.

"George?"

"Hey."

"Are you okay? Did I hurt you the other day? I didn't mean to."

"A little. But it's my fault. I should've told you. Bad communication."

"Are you better now? You sound sick."

"Yeah, no. I think I've caught a cold."

This was completely true. I think I'm actually coming down with something.

"Let me come round. I'll look after you."

"What?"

"I'll make you food and keep you warm. We can watch movies. Just relaxing this time. Nothing else until you're ready."

"But what if you catch what I have?"

"Worth it."

"Okay, okay."

"Okay? As in, I can come round?"

"Yes."

"I'll be there in twenty minutes."

"Okay, see you."

"Bye George."

This is his opportunity to redeem himself. If this goes well, I may consider him as an option.

I changed my clothes, as I haven't in a while, I simply just didn't need to.

I have actually missed Daniel. I wanted to look nice when he saw me. I'm not sure why.

It was Christmas in four weeks. That seems like a long time, but it's not. This means that Nick's coming back here in two weeks. I'm really looking forward to seeing him again. I feel like it's been forever since I last saw his ugly face.

There was a knock at the door and my heart leapt involuntarily. I was...excited?

I quickly ran downstairs and fumbled with the front door keys. I opened it finally, to find a smiling Daniel with a soft toy and more flowers.

I immediately hugged him. I'm not sure why, it was just comforting. He hugged me back, pulling me in close. He waddled us both into the house and closed the door. He didn't let go of me once.

"Where do you want to watch the film?"

"We can go to my room, I have a TV."

"Okay, okay. Do you want to bring anything up?"

"Most of the snacks."

"Okay, jump up. I'm taking you up first. Then I'll be back for this stuff."